Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

The bedroom is a great place to listen to music while relaxing. In addition to the bedroom, I have a system in the office/guest room. The living room has the home theater but is also set up for stereo listening via Roon and turntable.

2 Likes

Yes, I have a Meridian MS200 feeding an F80 in the bedroom. I like to play audiobooks at night to aid sleep. I have heard the start of so many stories in my time lol.
Also, I can link all my zones so SWMBO can dance around as she does the house work… Sexist… Me? :joy:

Gorgeous set up but its really messing with my head - surely the lamps surely need to be the same :wink:

3 Likes

Akari Light Sculptures come in so many different shapes it was hard to pick a favorite. Each person in the painting is different so don’t they each need a unique lamp to illuminate their side? I can always find a rationalization to get me passed any sticky wicket. :wink:

2 Likes

Nice looking lamps, but they don’t come cheap.

1 Like

True. But the same can be said about my USB cable. :slight_smile:

For a bit of washi paper stretched over a bamboo frame, they’re definitely not giving them away. But I’m a big fan of Isamu Noguchi’s designs so I really like having them. Most people who like mid century modern furniture are more familiar with his coffee table. I was wandering through the Crystal Bridges Museum last year and ran into one of his sculptures which was a pleasant surprise.

1 Like

Not fancy or expensive, but works well and sounds great. Roon Nucleus, Oppo 203, Bose Soundtouch 300 with Bose Acoustimass 300. Control devices include Apple iPad Mini 4, iPhone 6S Plus, and Dell XPS 15. I just received the Nucleus yesterday from Roon. PS: There is no glass in those doors.

11 Likes

No glass equals better ventilation :sunglasses:

1 Like

Cool setups, here is mine

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge
Pioneer Elite VSX-LX504
Oppo UDP-203
Audio-Technica AT-LP1240 Turntable
Mac Computer Running both MacOs and Windows 10
Panamax Mr4300
Ac Infinity Front Exhaust
Oppo PM-2 Headphones
Pioneer Elite Andrew Jones Speakers 5.1.4

Currently Roonin: Sada :notes:

16 Likes

I was talking to a friend about Roon and was trying to explain how I have it set up. I thought a diagram might make it simpler for him to understand. I was wrong :smiley:

I’m not even sure if its exactly right to be honest, but its close! I think I have created a monster…

14 Likes

Looks fine to me…wish I had a gym and conservatory and even a spare bedroom would be handy too :rofl:

2 Likes

I say Gym, but I couldn’t fit “room that doubles as the missus’ office where we dump a bunch of stuff including some rarely used fitness equipment” into the little boxes :smiley:

5 Likes

Seems completely clear to me but I’ve had my wired crossed for most of my life. :crazy_face:

1 Like

That’s so beautiful it almost brought a tear to my eye. :star_struck:

2 Likes

Christmas decorations, such as they are, are up lol

11 Likes

I’ve wondered why more folks don’t go the RPi/Dragonfly route. Are you using speakers, or just headphones? Happy with the sound?

1 Like

500 series is so sexy.

2 Likes

I use Sennheiser hd650 dragonfly doesn’t have the grunt needed. So I use a big headphone amp.

Is that the Red or the Black

The Red has 2.2 v should be ok, it runs my HD800 admittedly my M-DAC has more grunt

Just headphones - it’s like a little desktop endpoint. I’m using a pair of AKG K712s and yeah, I’m very happy with the sound :slight_smile:

Pretty cheap way of getting MQA, with a nice touchscreen display as a bonus.