Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

I’ve been moving stuff around and things are definitely getting better! I also picked up an iFI Zen dac/amp to replace the Dragonfly Red in my “headphone station”. Seems like excellent value for money so far. image image

11 Likes

I have 4 of those stressless sofas, total comfort in every room :grin:

1 Like

I remember being advised, you will be killed by your chair… as the temptation to sit too long is too strong :joy:

2 Likes

I still get more exercise than a man with four sofas should get :joy: :running_man: :muscle:

1 Like

Now I am reminded of Arthur (Two Sheds) Jackson :joy:

3 Likes

System:
Amp: Audionet DNA 2.0 + EPS G2 PSU
Speakers: 432 Point5 (DIY)
Stands: solidsteel SS-5
Speaker cables: Atlas Ichor MK2 (aka Mavros)

Roon & UPNP/DLNA Server:
QNAP TS-251+8GB RAM & 2x1TB Sandisk ultra II SSDs
Teddy Pardo Dual 12v LPSU
TP-Link Archer VR-900 Switch/Router

Cables:
Mains cables: H07RN-F 3 x 2.5mm with NAC3FX & NAC3MX (DIY)
Mains distribution: DCT03 + 432 Point5 4-way NAC3FPX & NAC3FPX (DIY)
USB cable: Nobility Eagle E-580US
Network cables: Metz CAT-7 MC GC1000 Plus23

29 Likes

Beautiful and tasteful room. Except, of course, for the coasters. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My new portable Roon set up. Sony WH1000XM3 bluetooth headphones. Use them with my iPad, iPhone and MacBook. I can easily walk around the whole three bedroom apartment without no dropouts. Soundquality is excellent especially with MacBook Pro that has aptx codec. Hope the future Apple products would support aptx-hd or LDAC, but this is good enough for now.

10 Likes

@RBM Thank-you!! the coasters are my partners own pictures. Took her to Paris for 5 day spring 2018. We could see Notre Dame form our balcony!! - A beautiful city… one day we plan on moving there!!

OK, OK… Consider my comment withdrawn then. :wink:

And yes – Paris can be lovely (even though I prefer London).

2 Likes

Hi all,

Here is the Roon setup I use everyday:

The speakers are the picture of the giraffes and the pink floyds. I had them printed on a Plexiglas support. A Dayton driver is at the back, as shown below.

The speakers are filtered (magnitude and phase) using impulses loaded in Roon. The filters were determined both from the geometry (open baffle compensation starting at 400 Hz if I remember well), the estimated resonances due to their distance from the rear wall and also from measurements. I also use a highpass filter at about 55 Hz otherwise I cannot push up the volume.
They are driven by a digital amp connected to a Raspebrry PI used as an end point. They are both in a cabinet (the one at the back of the above picture.
The amp and Raspberry PI are shown below.

Roon core is installed on Ubuntu LTS and I use either the phone or tablet to control it.

It is nothing fancy but they are not intrusive at all and they sound great for pictures :). The voices are surprisingly natural.

Ludovic

18 Likes

Innuos ZENith Mk.3 (4TB) running Roon 1.7 in Experimental Mode (local SqueezeLite memory player)
Innuos Phoenix USB Re-clocker
Chord Hugo M Scaler
Chord Hugo TT 2 DAC
Vitus Audio SIA-025 Mk.II Amp
Wilson Audio Sasha W/P Series-2 Speakers with IsoAcoustic Gaia I feet
Velodyne Digital Drive 12 Plus (DD12+) Subwoofer with IsoAcoustic Gaia III feet

Tellurium Q Silver Diamond USB (x2: Server to Re-clocker to M Scaler)
Wave High Fidelity STREAM Dual BNC Cables (M Scaler to DAC)
Tellurium Q Silver Diamond XLR (DAC to Amp)
Tellurium Q Silver Diamond Speaker Cable (Amp to Speakers)
Tellurium Q Black II Speaker Cable (Amp to Subwoofer)

Russ Andrews PowerKord-500 throughout
Russ Andrews The PowerBlock (x2 daisy chained)
Russ Andrews PowerPurifier Classic (fully loaded)
FURUTECH FP-1363-D Mains Wall Socket
Separate Power Spur off Mains Consumer Unit

AQVOX AQ-SWITCH SE Special Edition
Wireworld Starlight Cat 8 Ethernet Cable

Future Glass GEM Cinema Support Stand
Plinth Design Cera-Disc Isolation feet under components

29 Likes

i have often thought about raising my Heresy IIIs, do you notice a big difference?

i love the solid steel speaker stands.

2 Likes

In the front room, a Primare set up and KEF Reference 1 speakers with a Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra. The recent addition of an Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt into the NUC with a pair of P9 headphones has made my favourite chair the perfect place to relax.

10 Likes

I love Sony headphones as well and use them at work to stream Qobuz. I will need to see if my MacBook Pro has the aptx codec!

1 Like

Actually, they are B&W headphones. Not a great colour but they perform well.

It does. This will get you underway:

6 Likes

Hello together,
my name is Matthias and i am from Germany.
A lot of very imressive setups here - this is mine :slightly_smiling_face:

T+A MP 2000 R MKII
T+A PD 1200 R
T+A T 1200 R
AMP by Günther Mania Mono Amp
PIEGA P 5 LTD
B&W Loudspeaker Cable CDC 8 T2
Sun Audio NF Cable
T+A NF Cable Audio Triax
INTEL NUC7i7BNH
Silent Angel Bonn N8 Switch
Audioquest Cinnamon Ethernet Cable
EMO Systems Networkisolator Emosafe
Fisch Audiotechnik Studio Line Powerbar

many greets

15 Likes

This is great, thanks! I use the headphones connected to my music library room’s iMac while I am managing the music database, so I look forward to seeing what codec is being used. Cheers!