Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Is that…7 SoTM boxes? What are they all?

4 PSU
SMS200UN
USB
Switch
Clock

2 Likes

SOtM…nice. I only have the sNGH-10g (with internal clock and upgrades) with the sps500 power supply myself. I will add the external sCLK-OCX10 clock at some stage.

You will get battered by some on here admitting you use their switch, however I’m with you on this

1 Like

See above, Bill
If you’ve seen the Hans B YT on the clock, I had a very similar experience to him
i.e. I switched it off by mistake (when fitting the LEDs to the shelves) - sat there thinking this sound sh1te today…:neutral_face:

It didn’t, but when I switched it back on - ah ha!!!

1 Like

…not only the switch, but its got all the whistles i.e. the clock input
and, just to fuel the flames
I have the cables as well
and I have a Paul Pang switch upstream and a short optical fibre run as well :grinning:

I love it, and I’m worth it, Ho Ho

2 Likes

Same here, the Silver cabling/Evox Caps/paper etc and the External 50 BNC output. Like you I use their Cat7 Cable from said switch to Antipode CX. I will get 2 more Cat7s someday for Router to switch and CX to EX

SOtM are very good at what they do

Indeed they are.
And, being the careful, restrained adult I am, I didn’t get another one of their switches to double up - I just used the PP one instead, with his ethernet cables to/from the fibre converter
Could I tell the difference? I don’t care :joy:

Ok, another update of my ever evolving system (full description in my profile):

Changes:

• whole system now floating on Stillpoints (replacing SSC flatbases and IsoAcoustic Iso-PUCKs)
  • added Uptone EtherREGEN
  • more extrem toe in of the speakers
  • much closer listening position for optimal bass response

I’m happy. And broke. But not done yet… Are we ever?

15 Likes

I dig the room.

Books on shelving is an effective room treatment?

2 Likes

The shelves have been there before the music listening got serious. As you can see, it’s a family living room, so everything HiFi is a compromise. The sound of the room is OK, more on the lively side of the spectrum, the shelves clearly help overall.
I’d love to fill the space behind the speakers with big bass traps from top to bottom, as low bass reverb is the biggest room issue (I did all the measurements). Also treating the ceiling above the listening position would be high on my list.
Beside that, the near field listening position and extreme toe-in leads to a wide and deep sound stage and also almost no side wall reflections. The crazy thing is that the cupboard seems to destroy everything, but in reality not so much. The voices come from inside/behind it. It’s a crazy effect. Best time listening is during the night, all lights off. Then the magic happens…

Yeah, I know what you mean about compromise. My somewhat small living room is also my listening post.

Just one more question.

Did you draw those pictures on the wall by yourself or did you have help? :laughing:

2 Likes

Maybe thats why the speakers are so high up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Love the text-book equilateral triangle between the listing position (with leg rests, lol) and speakers, looks like air gapped headphones on steroids. Nice setup and room.

3 Likes

I listen in that triangular nearfield configuration too. But my space is tiny.

1 Like

Nice to meet someone else with a Ref 40! I have a bit of Vivaldi too, I have the One. I’m just starting out at filling-in the details of my dedicated room and I’m interested in what you said about the six 20A lines. How are these connected up please? Are they somehow joined together? My understanding is to have one high current socket connected to a block that connects to each component.

Nice to see another Peachtree user

Extensive history of using Cyrus here, though the one doesn’t really follow their house sound. That’s not a bad thing as typical Cyrus sound can be lean and forward with an emphasis on drive and rhythm. The one is a more balanced affair.

I helped a friend set up a system around the one, and it was excellent. Decent phono stage too.

1 Like

There have also been a few upgrades for my system.

If you are interested in whether the network cables or the switch offer a sound advantage, then you can read my opinion here :wink:

Linn Klimax DSM. I am curious what will come to my mind next :crazy_face:

6 Likes

say no more.

Yes, nice all-in-one boxes (well, you need a streamer and speakers I guess).
Started with the Nova, now with our daughter at Uni, and upgraded to the Grand Integrated.
Our youngest has the deepblue2 and uses it a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like