Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

I too am a proud owner of a set of Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor Ms. How do you keep the strings taught on your speaker covers? Mine have slackened up so much that I had to take the covers off entirely.

Very nice setup!

That view though.

The Link by Stack a UK Company Acts as my Roon core, I have 2 Jitter Bugs in the rear of the Link. The Link talks to my Moon 240i through a USB cable.

The speakers are interesting the bigger ones are over 30 years old and are German hand built. Sitting on top are a set of Totem Element Fire v2 both sets are connected through a switching box. I am really pleased with the sound here in Brussels.

I too love seeing all the different setups and I wish you all safe listening in these troubling times made a lot easier thanks to Roon!:nerd_face::notes:

11 Likes

My first system!

Linn Majik LP12
Luxman E-250
Luxman DA-250
B&W P7

I had big plans for this year - adding a streamer, tube power amp, and speakers - but it looks like they’ll have to wait. I still feel incredibly lucky to have what I have, and to be safe and sound. Happy listening, everyone!

28 Likes

Lovely looking set up…

Your Luxman DA-250 has a USB input, you can add a Raspberry Pi with Ropieee for under $50 and stream Roon to it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

what’s that machine next to the left speaker, looks like an early computer w/o a screen?

1 Like

Isn’t an Apple][ ?

1 Like

:rofl:

/tenchar

Luxman has always reeked style and class, at least to me.

3 Likes

My humble system here in Staffordshire UK.

Streacom fc05 chassis
Streacom fanless 240 psu
Asrock z97 itx
Core i5-4570s cpu 65 watt tdp
16gb hypex ram 2x8gb
Sandisk ultra 3d 240gb ssd
Matrix Audio X-Hi pci usb 3.0

AudioLinux
HQPlayer Embedded

Matrix Audio X-spdif 2
ifi 9v psu

Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro

Pass Labs A3 Clone Amp

The ‘rack’ is a couple of open boxes from eBay with a large ‘plank’ also from eBay.
The amp sits on a bamboo butchers block from Argos which has been varnished.

14 Likes

Philip,

Congrats. Aren’t they amazing speakers? What are you driving them with?

To tighten the strings you will see they are knotted at the bottom. Pull a bit, reknot and cut off the extra.

Best,
Steve

Going old school!

Sure ain’t the country.

New on the shelves today. Needed a preamp and scored this off eBay. Bloody lovely it is too…

22 Likes

Nice, congrats!

1 Like

omg… what is that beauty!!!

2 Likes

@danny - a Khozmo Acoustics passive preamp with a 48 step switched shunt attenuator with Vishay Z-Foil resistor upgrade option and the remote option. eBay find and just absolutely stunning. Polish chap - Arek Khozmo builds them.

Do a quick Google search and you will see they are very highly rated. As you would imagine from a passive - totally transparent and if it matches your system just a stunning wide open soundstage. I use a Baldwin Hifi 405C power amp with it (an Enlgish chap by the name of Paul Baldwin builds a rather good Quad 405 clone).

7 Likes

Beautiful, no make that STUNNING, speaker stands.

I would get a clear acrylic cover for it, if it’s not going to get too much RFI without the top on…seems like the sides are wood anyway. I have a few DIY builds with clear tops on…might drag some out for a photo shoot

2 Likes