Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

The Matrix Looks stunning! I am very interested myself in getting one. I wonder how good the volume control is to work directly with a power amp.
And the DIY amp looks almost like Benchmark‘s AHB2.
Great setup!

Matrix Audio Element M here - they really are great, sonically and visually for the money

12 Likes

Beautiful equipment, indeed. I am eying the Matrix Element X once I am getting serious about re-building my system.
Roon readiness is working well?

About the only thing I feel could be improved upon is the correct icon when Roon Readiness comes!

I would rather have this improved:
Roon > PCM 768kHz/ DSD 256 (latest A10301 firmware) versus DLNA > PCM 768kHz/ DSD 512

If that‘s all, I could easily live with it :grin:

I’ve posted before, but this is the current den setup. Constant tinkering, good lord.

Mac Mini Roon core in my downstairs server/modem closet. Several audio systems in the house, and each has either a Roon Bridge, or a Chromecast audio dongle.

This endpoint:

• Mac Mini Roon bridge
  • TEAC UD-501 DAC via USB
  • Audiolab 8000A integrated amp

Rest of the system:

• Audiolab 8000PPA Phono stage
  • Onkyo C-S5VL SACD player
  • Focal Aria 906 speakers
  • Thorens TD-126 MKII and TD-150 MKI turntables
  • Sony digital AM/FM tuner

18 Likes

What NOS tubes do you use?

It works well, but I have not got exprience with any other preamp.

It is not certified yet, but both party working on it as far as I know.

It is borrowed to me. The only thing what I know it is 2x16W

i Made a mobile endpoint. Raspberry Pi 3B+ with Ropieee, powered by a batterypack. IFI micro iDSD Black Label. Works like charm. Nice for in the garden.

20 Likes

Happy with the Element X ?
Might end up getting me one.

beautiful ! Might buy the Element X myself. Havent heard is yet tho.

Hi @Stephen_Korski
Another 440 user :smiley: , running mine with BW 803D3. Are you happy with the Blade 2

@Castro
Congrats on your system, looks really nice and probably sounds good as well, knowing Naim and Sonus Faber. Enjoy! :wink:

My girlfriend is far worse then me :joy: Okay, I might have the more expensive and perhaps more audiophile system (imho) but she buys shoes AND audio equipment! Her own system consist of a Naim Unity Star, Audio Physic Tempo 25+, Chord Company power cable and Chord Epic speaker cable. All fine with me, not complaining…

2 Likes

McIntosh C47 pre, PS Audio DS sr dac, PS Audio BHK 250 amp, Usher X-Towers, and Sony dvp9000 cd/sacd player. Room treatments by ASC, Michael Green, and GIK

19 Likes

Thanks. The warmth of the sound takes me back to the 80ies when I owned a mix of old school components. Just with the clearness and definition of a modern system. Every day I am surprised about the bass the little SF’s produce.

i like these mobile “diy” solutions. How long does a battery charge serve?

My desktop Roon station. Lumin U1 Mini is great. :+1:

48 Likes

There is a LOT of eye candy on that desk! I recognize the Lumin and the Benchmark pieces and the KEFs but whose speaker and headphone stands are those?