Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Sound engineers I know care a great deal, we always re calibrate the venue at the beginning of each season as we have usually changed something, like adding acoustic treatments etc.
We have the front section in a wooden building the rear section in a Marque (effectively outside)
So, front and rear have to be set up accordingly with the relevant time delays so the sound is perfect at the back (Where J the owner is with his lighting controls and a glass of wine) I am up front filming and it all sounds great for me too.
Sound engineers who care and are given the authority to get it right are well worth their pay.
It does spoil me for other venues though as I have become very intolerant of poor sound when it neednā€™t be.
Auditioning artists, you have to sometimes look beyond the venue sound.

I agree, the Susvara is sublime.
I wasnā€™t using Hifiman before, a friend convinced me with a demo.
I use Chord electronics, the Susvara isnā€™t easy.

1 Like

I donā€™t even know how to describe it. This is at a whole different level of definition, I thought the Edition X were my wow factor but this headphones are just it, they are my pinnacle for audio. This is where things come to an endā€¦ Do I need to keep searching? Why Did it take me years to get here?

1 Like

iFi ICan Pro.
18dB = 11 oā€™clock

For comparison:
Edition X 18dB = 8/9 oā€™clock Max!

1 Like

They are not for sure.

They are work of art, with specific needsā€¦ Attention to what they need is key for them to give you what you are seeking.

I have been a HifiMan audio person for a while I should have done this long time ago.

I can now comfortably say that I can focus on what I truly enjoyā€¦ AMPā€™s.

I am going to play around till I find something that surpasses the iCan Proā€¦ Right now the synergy between this two is amazing. Do I stop here? :slight_smile:

Get of the train and buy new music

One word. Bandcamp :wink:
I am a Bandcamp junkie and buy most of my music from thereā€¦ Almost on an everyday bases. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Mikael_Ollars
The difference is huge but difficult to describe.
My Audeze LCD-4z are fabulous but not as subtle as the Susvara.
With previous auditions of Hifiman I always felt you sacrificed the robust bass of the Audeze for other values, but with the Susvara there is no sacrifice, you get it all.

I also got the Massdrop Hifiman Edition XX, look like previous top line Hifiman, quite inexpensive, but you canā€™t have them in the same house as the Susvara (or Audeze).

2 Likes

Couldnā€™t said it better. Very well put. I donā€™t own the LCD4 but I do own the LCD3 and you canā€™t even compare them, the Susvara is at its own class. I heard the LCD4 comes close but not quite and falls shortā€¦ On weight and comfort alone Susvara is just incomparable in that class.

With that said, you canā€™t put stax and susvara on the same trainā€¦ Two different beastā€¦ The SR1a is in a whole different world and the best description I have seen with this two is; They are both the best in their class.

I almost went for the SR1a but I quickly figure I was not ready for the electrostatic game. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I reserve the right to remind quote you on this in a year.

2 Likes

ROFL! HAHAHA!
Well Well Wellā€¦

Maybe? LOL!

I did mention that I had my eye on the Stellias and the SR1a. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

my system changed significantly latelyā€¦ I am currently investigating network switches.

I have a custom built 16 core server that I use as my Roon Core. It also has HQ Playerā€¦ this server has dual boot drives. one is dedicated to the Memory Player 64 suite and still awaiting tweaking by Mark Porzilli. Mark is not a fan of Roon, he want simple players.

the other boot drive is running W10 and this is where Roon and HQ Player is installed. Most of my endpoints are connected through ethernet. My Lumin X1 is connected via fibre.

I want to try SOTM or the Uptone EtherRegen first to listen is there is a merit in going high end switch.

1 Like

current setup. belt drive TT added :mask:

13 Likes

Headphone set up:

MacBook Air > iPad Air > ifi xDSD > Meze 99 Classics

(Main setup: MacBook Air > Naim Uniti Nova > Tannoy D300 + REL Quake)

7 Likes

Go for the SR1a :ok_hand:

I had the opportunity to listen to it at a hifi friendā€™s place on RIVIERA AIC10. The players were Aries G1/Vega G1 from Auralic. My combination of Stax SR009 on the Luminare from AudioValve has no chance against itā€¦ :roll_eyes:

atb, Tom

2 Likes

I love the RT-909. I have one too.

Do you use yours much?

1 Like

I had the Tannoy D500s years ago and really enjoyed them. Been thinking about trying Tannoy again. I currently have Harbeth P3ESRs, and while they are lovely after several years with them Iā€™m interested in a more full range speaker, perhaps of higher efficiency.

2 Likes

Bought mine in 1998 and they havenā€™t let me down to date. No plans to change them and probably with me for good now

There are other Naim and Tannoy users out thereā€¦Iā€™m not alone after all. Also have the Mezes love them to bits great headphones for a great price.

1 Like

I canā€™t help thinking the left hand speaker is a bit close to the wall. Doesnā€™t it make the coffee a bit rich?

:thinking: