Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

That’s for sure. I have 2 Festool sanders and they are great. but expensive…

No changes to the hardware but completely reorganised my listening room and rejigged the hifi.

Pleased with it like this although I’ve not had chance to properly sit down and listen to it :slight_smile:

8 Likes

You are right. I have a pair of Phantom Gold. They sound fantastic. Friends fall in love with them. After several years of listening though, I sometimes miss a more “ample” and “spatial” sound, especially in the mids. It seems to me they “beam” a bit too much in a single direction. Edit: A little bit like near field monitors (for the musicians and sound engineers around).

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the online love, as I cannot easily show (off) my new system to friends with Corona still lurking around…
Damn, but having friends over and listening to music with friends is what I am really missing…

1 Like

… while cooking a nice dinner, with a glass of homebrew or wine :slight_smile:

Patience will pay, but stay safe in the meantime.

1 Like

Please straighten that picture :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grin:

4 Likes

I had dusted this lot before my brother in law came over once and he, really really, wanted to straighten them. I make sure to put them out of kilter when he comes over now as it’s become a family joke.

6 Likes

Hasn’t noticed that. Must have got bumped when I moved everything round. Will sort :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Joel,

I’d be really interested to know what the ‘decrapifier’ might be. I have the Prime and PSU but the usb connection always introduces audible noise through my headphones - have tried a couple of different PSUs from the dealer and both the same - as soon as you get past half volume there is a high pitched electrical type buzz. I’m even able to record it in quiet passages of play on my phone it is that audible! Respected UK dealer said it most likely would be the same with all the PSUs as it was repeatable on 2 units, but I still decided to keep it for power duties only. Have trawled various forums and never found anyone with the same issue so I’d be interested to get the intended functionality another way if poss?

For example:

https://kitsunehifi.com/product/holo-audio-titanis-active-usb-processor/

But as I said, the Prime PSU helps the analogue amp considerably too.

1 Like

Hello
I have one question to you: have you defined the settings by yourself? Or got them predefined somewhere else? What was your approach?
Thanks for the answer
Albert
Spain

I took them from here and then played around a little

Thanks @ged_hickman1. I must try for my Meze Empyryan

Somewhat similar family joke: I have a room whose sole purpose is childhood photos of all the kids. However, I labeled the room with the name of only one child, just to annoy the other three. In a similar vain, I tell people that “I have four kids and like some of them.”

3 Likes

Did you pick your favourite for the room name :bowing_woman:

Not certain I understand the question, but…for example, the eldest child has a cup she uses when home. It has her name on it. I taped over that name (sloppily on purpose) and wrote her sister’s name over it.

The room holding all four’s photos…well, I put up a sign that called it “______ Room” and put post-its over the faces of the others.

There is a concept that I like one more than the others. I perpetuate that concept (while untrue) just to mess with them.

I am a real fun father.

(I tell myself)

P.S. My youngest used to bring friends over so that I could name them with my preferred names for them…like Squidward or BoBick…This was great fun for them in junior high to have a name bestowed. Some of them went on using the name as a nickname in their future.

I have to entertain them so that they will not leave me.

9 Likes

Just spent the last few days properly clearing and reorganising the hifi room. It had an amount of excess furniture and what furniture needed to be in there was in the wrong places.

All done not bad a blind instead of the hideous curtains, a new light fitting and a shelf.

Also got my Pi 7” touchscreen set up too :slight_smile:image image image image image

9 Likes

Hi dannybgoode,
Always feels good to get things organized and simplified :slightly_smiling_face:

CAUTION. I see some water damage and black mould underneath your window sill. Please take care of this first! I had a family member get a lung infection after breathing in these spores from an undetected roof leak.

Be safe,
Jay

2 Likes

Thanks Jason. Don’t worry it’s under control. There was just a lack of ventilation in that room so it’s just caused by an excess of condensation.

Have improved the ventilation and it’s no longer damp and the room is due to be decorated soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to hear you have it under control :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

Happy listening,
Jay