Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Yes, I was, but I didn’t make that clear, sorry about that. :nerd_face:

Love the rack! I’m not a fan of the faux futuristic look most racks have with all the black steel and glass and spikes, so this one is really refreshing. Much more human!

1 Like

Thanks Chris, I share your sentiment regarding some hifi furniture. Here’s hoping my welds are good given the weight of some of the boxes they hold.

1 Like

Home made? Nice! I’d love to get into that one day, but I have too many hobbies as it is! Maybe one for retirement. . .

1 Like

Hi @BillyChiu.com. Very nice.
What do you think of the AKG K812? I settled with them almost straight away.

You can indeed settle in with the AKG K812. Comfort is superb and does jazz and classical perfectly with my DACs and players. It will not match bass from an Abyss or ultra-wide Imaging of HD800s, but you can wear it on a summer day all day.

I posted details on this setup over in the RoPieee display thread (Ropieee with display - perfect! :)), but figured the photo is also appropriate to this gear pr0n thread… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

And those knobs on the left?
I know them as a Photoshop user interface, if I recall correctly?
Are they just lying there for other purposes, or are they involved in audio playback?

Essentially correct. They are the Palette Gear system. They have plugins for several different professional apps. I use them for Capture One.

Yeah, that’s what it thought.
I don’t have them, but I understand they are programmable, was toying with the idea of turning them into a Roon interface.

The future is here!

Digital room EQ? Digital hearing EQ is where it’s at :grin:

Each ear tested separately and overall final EQ can still be adjusted, to personal preference.

A nice first step by Jabra.

1 Like

Nice…I am mentally designing a rack using some walnut slabs I came across thanks!

1 Like

Hi @BillyChiu.com Thank you for the reply. I own a pair of AKG K812 Headphone. Agree the bass does not go low low… yet I was after crystal clear vocals, uber detail and great mid-range which the AKG K812 have in spades. The HD800 where very good, yet a little thin/forward IMHO. The T1 mkll to me where too lower mid bias/smooth and the Denon AH-D7000 to me where a little too bass intrusive.

Horses for courses as we all hear things differently with our own preference’s.

Enjoy your listening pleasure.

1 Like

Don’t hold back. I was almost a year in the thinking about the rack I made. I’m sure those walnut slaps will look amazing when you have it all set up.

My new 100 % passive cooled i7 Roon server!
hand made in Germany, 32 Gb memory, 256 Gb Nme flash, 500 Gb SSD anf two network inteface, industrial grade specs for 24/7 operations
Great stuff! Cirrus7. de

34 Likes

What are those speakers please @Maarten_van_Druten?

2 Likes

http://www.pureaudioproject.com/

I looked at them myself.

@Maarten_van_Druten, how do they sound?

They look like heavy rock’n’ roll speakers, but jazz/acoustic not so much.

1 Like

Bluesound Pulse Flex, one of my most used and longest lasting Roon endpoints, moving from kitchen to back garden duty.

.sjb

7 Likes

A great little unit

1 Like

Thats a serious incline on your garden John.

7 Likes