Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Primary room, where my first Melco product lives (a S100). Equipment and cable management is being re-done, once complete I will post gear photos too

27 Likes

Fantastic!!

Not the best pic but wanted to join in the fun. Sonus Faber olympica nova II, Rel T9i sub, Luxman L-505uXII Amp , Chord MScaler + Qutest DAC, Sonore OpticalRendu network bridge. Hi from New Zealand.

30 Likes

I wish I could move there from USA.

Nice room and gear! Hope you’re not in an area affected by the flooding (Mrs Rockhound is a kiwi).

We were just saying the same thing! :+1:

No, fortunately the flooding is up north. I am way down south. Say Kia ora to Mrs Rockhound from a fellow Kiwi.

1 Like

Kiwi here to but left the lights on when I left in the early 80’s. 30 years in Singapore now. Miss godszone sometimes but hardly any family ties or friends there now.

Stay out there wherever you are.

1 Like

I have some old stuff and I like it.
Roon is awsome, :+1:

roon Core win10
Dell Precision M4700 i7-3820QM@2.7Ghz

roon Bridge
Raspberry Pi4 8GB -Ropieee (wifi)

Benchmark DAC2L (usb)
Pass Labs Aleph P (pre amp)

Pass Labs Aleph 5 (power amp for mid&highs)
Hegel H200 (power amp for lows, theatre mode)

Von Schweikert VR4 Jr (bi amped)

Next will be a Umik and REW for making convulution filters, never done that.

14 Likes

Hi guys!

A system update from few days ago in addition to my Mc Intosh and my Nuc where Roon core is installed:

1. Cayin IDac MK2 : of course a huge gap compared to the Mc intosh Dac :wink: but i like it and it sounds different from just the Mc alone.
  2. Cayin Headphone tube Amp: What a pleasure to listen to my Focal Elegia with this tube amp.
  3. A Raspberry PI4 with Touchscreen ans Ropieee XL: why not before!!! Easy, flawless, no headache…and I save money as it is just a streamer.

As a second set up a plug and play system for my wife: 2 Bluesound flex 2i are on the way and they will complete 2 homepods in bedroom.

With both new systems our home is Roon Ready and I think we will enjoy listening to music more than ever!

15 Likes

That’s some awfully nice gear to be hanging off the edge of the table like that!

2 Likes

Thank You. Oh, It’s safe. Don’t worry. Forgot to say, there is an external DC blocker (Sjöström Audio) for the Hegel (there was a mechanical hum). The Aleph 5 also has a mechanical hum, but i can live with that.

That can’t be very comfortable seating… For anyone.

Great setup though!

1 Like

Since installing the DAT recorder, I removed the Wyred 4 Sound USB Reclocker as it seemed to actually close in the sound stage some and reduce dynamics a bit. The Raspberry Pi 4 is now resting behind the DAT recorder, out of view, with a short 6" Wireworld USB cable going to the Schiit Bifrost 2 DAC. Sounds much better.

Also swapped out my GR Research X-Statik’s for a pair of slightly modded JBL Studio 530 (the only two electrolytic caps in the crossover networks were replaced with basic Bennic yellow film caps).

Been running these speakers since this past Saturday and am completely amazed at the sound these little guys produce. Easily besting the Monitor Audio Silver 3i and Sonus Faber Venere 1.5’s I’ve owned.

The JBL’s look much better with the grills on and that’s how I run them.

15 Likes

Beautiful room you have there.

1 Like

Thank you sir!

1 Like

Here is simple setup:

Music 2 Channel: AudioQuest RCA cables directly from sound card to pre-amp. DAC is built into card.
Core: PC, Ryzen 7 running windows 10. EVGA NU Audio Card with upgraded Sparkos Op Amps.
Amps: Sachs pre-amp, VTA M-125 mono amps with KT120 power tubes
Speakers: Martin Logan Expressions
Sub: Martin Logan 1500x

Movies/Music 7.2 system: Bluetooth connection to PC
Amp: Marantz 5009
Speakers: Front: ML Motion SLM, Center: Motion 8i, Side: Motion 4i, Rear: Motion 4i
Sub: Pair of Definitive Technology Supercube 2000s

10 Likes

Finally finished off the wall…

45 Likes

Gorgeous, wonderful room…

1 Like

I’ve posted here before, but it’s a moving feast, so here’s an update.

Linn LP12, Basik Plus, AT VM530EN, Mytek Brooklyn Bridge with SBooster power supply, Mytek Brooklyn Amp, Dali Rubicon 6, Monoprice 12AWG, Sennheiser HD600.

Sony KD-55XD7005 Android TV, Sony STR-DN1050 receiver, 5 Cambridge Audio Minx Min 22 satellites, Minx X201 sub, Intel NUC media PC (Win 10, Plex server, Sonarr, Radarr, SABnzbd, Deluge, Roon), WD USB3 6Tb drive (TV, movie, video and lossless audio media libraries), Nvidia Shield Pro (Plex, Amazon clients), Virgin Hub and Netgear Orbi wi-fi.

Chord and AudioQuest interconnects. Separate Netgear network switch for NUC and Brooklyn Bridge.

Media sources: Vinyl, Roon (FLAC - local, Tidal - streaming)

15 Likes