Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Correct. A great amp.

That a lot of rather bright leds you have there for a bedroom unless you sleep with an eye mask :star_struck:

1 Like

Perhaps the sense of separation can be helped significantly with some toe in. Something to consider.

1 Like

LOL, euphemism of the century :rofl: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Or you can improve your tan while sleeping :wink:

They are firing into the room at least. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

True :sunglasses::+1:

I take it that either…
A. You live alone
B. These are in the bedroom your partner relegated you to when you introduced the idea of the world’s largest bedroom speakers

:thinking::thinking:

I do not live alone.
I bought these speakers for use with a vintage (1978) stereo rack. Search this thread for photo’s.
Some time ago I could buy a pair of the speakers that I originally owned with that system.
I put the Opticons up for sale but then decided to use them in the bedroom.

It was meant as an affectionate joke only, Wim.

1 Like

I know, and you were not far off with A anyway …

1 Like

It’s the first time I see a setup where the “sweet spot” can only fit one ear at a time​:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I’m considering a second miniDSP DDRC-24 but Dirac Live has no bed mode yet … :sunglasses:

1 Like

The dreaded WAF …

I comprised with a Samsung 950 Soundbar for the TV and a pair of Sennheiser HD800 for ME :joy:

The soundbar is their top of range developed with their acquisition of Harmon Kardon and their LA sound lab , the sound is pretty decent for straight stereo and it makes the lounge look TIDY

1 Like

Hello everyone,
Here’s my set up:
Mytek Brooklyn Bridge
ATC SCM40a

PC running core and a Syno NAS in my study. Using an iPad as remote.
This will be soon replaced by a pretty supermicro server
https://www.supermicro.com/en/products/system/midtower/5029/SYS-5029C-T.cfm

You can see a linear power supply for the Mytek. Nothing fancy, 12W 6oW, just there to avoid for the Mytek to run too hot (I live in Singapore). No perceptible change in sound.

15 Likes

Hi new here. Just a simple set up. Coming from all kinds of high-end stuff in the last 35 years I went back to a simple set-up wich for the first time includes Roon.
Installed Roon on a 256GB SSD connected to my Synology 718+ NAS with extended memory (6GB)+2 4GB Western digital Red. Connected to my router with AQ Vodka. From router to Davialet 220 Expert pro also AQ Vodka. Speakers Manger P1, cable Crystal Cable Micro Daimond and Michell Gyrodeck. Using Ipad pro for Roon interface.

18 Likes

Lovely elegant set up. Must sound great.

superb simple system.

Boenicke W5SE, Mytek Brooklyn Bridge, 2 x Mytek Brooklyn amps running in mono, fed by NUC. There can’t be many smaller systems out there.

4 Likes

Good negotiation on your side :sunglasses: :+1: