Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021-04 .. 2021-09]

How about ‘New’ Electronics with ‘Old’ Speakers?

• iMac or MacBook running Roon + Qobuz
  • SACDs and DSD files, misc files from iTransporter i5 ripper/server with Roon core
  • PS Audio electronics: DirectStream Memory Player via I2S to Direct Stream DAC, XLR to BHK Preamp, XLR to BHK 250 Amp
  • PS Audio PowerPlant 3 for all units with upgraded power cables, mostly Shunyata Venom (HC and regular)
  • Bi-wired with KimberKable 4TC to Tannoy Cheviots, spiked into carpet/concrete. Adjusted to flat and tilted back slightly
  • REL T/7i subwoofer via HL/Speakon cable to Amp speaker terminals (and with special jumpers from REL)
  • Furniture = Salamander Archetype, spiked

32 Likes

The one on top is a NR1402 Receiver and the one in the middle looks like a Marantz amp (MM7055?) with a DIY Raspberry Pi Touchscreen on the front?

My headphone rig.

17 Likes

Just got the latest Roon Nucleus Rev. B to replace Roon Rock after 4 years…:blush:

From top to bottom…

Holo Spring Level 2 R2R DAC with new USB XMOS module upgraded
Holo Audio Titanis USB Regen (not shown)
3.5" 4TB USB connected HDD
VTL 2.5i Preamp
KECES DC-116 linear power supply for Roon Nucleus and USB HDD
VTL MB-125 Monoblock power amps
Dynaudio 1.8 MK2 floor standing speakers
Cables and Interconnectors: Chord-C USB, StraightWire USB, Taralabs Reference Gen 2, Goertz Mi3

Let’s have a cold beer and listen to Diana Krall 'Like Someone In Love’:blush:

25 Likes

A Freudian typo? :wink:

13 Likes

Perhaps this would be more appropriate?

1 Like

Oops, a PowerPlant 12, not 3. And I stream via the Bridge II card in the DS DAC – which I’m probably going to replace with a Sonore player – ultra- or opticalRendu. Or a Roon box solution maybe? My system sounds really good streaming now, but so many posters dis the Bridge II and rave about Sonore and Roon players.

2 Likes

Sonore UltraRendu is amazing. Just make sure you upgrade to a really good power supply. I recommend looking at Teddy Pardo PSU’s

2 Likes

The ultrarendu is certainly excellent for the price, I used mine with a lps too.

However I moved to a Lumin T2…no contest. As well it should not be considering the price difference!

4 Likes

Had exactly the same path as @AceRimmer - ultraRendu was a great Roon solution for a while, but the Lumin T2 is in a different league SQ wise (and $$ wise of course, but worth every cent!).

2 Likes

Sorry guys, forgot to mention I’m running a Chord Hugo TT with the UltraRendu, probably similar in SQ to the Lumin​:notes::notes::notes:

1 Like

Only thing I really disliked on the ultrarendu and indeed the microrendu prior to that was the way too fragile SD card with the program on.

Had to replace both of them and that means a 4 to 5 day wait for one to arrive via :snail: mail.

Why on earth they could not just sell you the program for you to dl onto a fresh SD card I don’t know.

2 Likes

Nice big speaker stands.
Are you in Europe or the UK? I tried to get Cirrus 7 (in Germany, I think) to ship their PC cases to US. They wouldn’t even reply my inquiries.

TT or TT2? If TT2…then I would likely agree…and suggest even better SQ. Recently, I home tested TT2+LUMIN U1 mini vs Lumin T2 vs Qutest+Lumin T2 vs Lumin T2+TT2. Lumin T2’s DAC was equal but different to the Qutest IMO. The TT2 brings the sound into another level. I kept my Lumin U1 mini and bought the TT2.

Yup, that’s a real downside. The device itself is also quite flimsy, but a very good Roon endpoint.

I spy… lots of speakers. :slight_smile:

Yes, im from EU

Send him short message on his webpage, hi will reply

1 Like

MBL 116F. REL S812 and a GIK panel in front of T.V.

8 Likes

Because under the skin, it’s just an RPi?

1 Like

How do you like those genelec?