Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Looks nice! Do you like your isoAcoustics isolators?
I am thinking to buy them.

1 Like

Yes @Roony I do. I can hear the difference. I feel it helps the speakers stay true to their purist roots!

1 Like

NUC7i5, Akasa Newton S7 enclosure, Meridian Explorer2 DAC, AKG K701

meine-anlage_654722

Sony STR DB840 QS
Marantz NA 7004
ODROID C2 running DietPi as a Roon Bridge
Canton Ergo 900 DC
Canton Ergo 502 CM
Panasonic TX-P50GTW60
Sony PlayStation 4

10 Likes

What is the make and model of the telephone? :smile:

3 Likes

RB & Co. W48a uW
It‘s an old telephone from the Deutsche Post back in the sixties. Still working :wink:

1 Like

Here in the USA land line telephones are only used for spam and robo-calls :disappointed_relieved:

On the other hand, mobile phones are used for voice and text in addition to spam and robo-calls.

5 Likes

And what cable are you running on the phone? :wink:

This

telephone

is the next must-have for me. Remembers me of my childhood. Great to hear that ist running still today. Will look at ebay for an identical phone :grinning:

1 Like

If you want a new one: https://www.manufactum.de/telefon-w-48-p752451/?a=67326

2 Likes

The Web site doesn’t mention whether it’s Roon-Ready.

6 Likes

Just add a Chromecast to it!

2 Likes

W48 -> RJ11 -> Cisco SPA 112 -> UniFi 8 Port Switch -> UniFi USG -> Telekom Modem

The cable is behind the cube you can‘t see it from that angle.

1 Like

Rene, I love those devialet speakers. I had a brief listen at Selfirdges in London and they sound amazing.

How are you getting on with them? Any impressions after using them for a while?

… and how do you deal with the TV? I have heard they suffer a processing delay that causes lip sync issues?

Cheers

you wanted feedback…
maybe the picture is a little wonky, but it looks like they’re not the same distance from the back wall. Judging by what I can see on floor level, maybe only a thumbs width, but for a back vented box that will make a difference. Speaking of which, I can’t judge the size of the room or listening distance from this picture, but I would be inclined to pull them a little forward.

1 Like

Hello Roon Community ! :grinning:

New convert here !!

This is my current setup :slight_smile:

I have Roon Core running on my proxmox server … (AMD 2200G 16gb)

This outputs native DSD512 (about 25% cpu load on server) to my SMSL M100 connected to a NAD C325BEE
powering a pair of BOSE 401 from 1990 :wink: From back when BOSE actually meant SQ :):star_struck:

JUST WOW !!

also have a kitchen streamer …a PI 3b+ with IQAudio DAC Pro+ … still pondering 'bout the right kitchen amp …

i need 2x 40watts in good SQ … any inputs welcome

Cheers all

thumbs up for the Brandi :wink:

If you are ok with iqaudio upgrade to a digiamp+ and a pair of speakers for the kitchen…I use this setup in a bedroom and dining room. Simple and just works. I use with ropieee.org os and you need a 19V smps to power the amp and pi.

Can always redeploy the dac Pro elsewhere on another pi.

I like that idea…have nothing but love for IQAudio…

What is the benefit of ropiee over volumio + roon bridge ? besides ease of installation

I find volumio + bridge much more versatile in my everyday use

After a few months, how do you like the Tannoy? I heard them (twice) at Axpona in '17 I believe. Loved them.

I like them but they do need careful placement to get the best out of them. Keep tweaking to find it. I know have them with massive toe in, which is what why recommended in the manual but goes against what I have ever had to do before.