Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Devialet 1000, Intel NUC running Roon Core.
Diapason Astera and Jamo R907 speakers.
Notingham Analoque Mentor turntable.

6 Likes

That’s a VPI cleaner hiding under there I see…so many vinyl junkies here.

I too have a TT in my setup along with a few different DACs and plenty of of linkwitzlab speaker setups too. The TT is mostly DIY of Lenco, ClearAudio and a transfi terminator pro air bearing tangential tracking tone arm.

4 Likes

You forgot to mention the most important thing in your setup: …the cat…:joy:

2 Likes

Diapason stand mounts and Jamo 907 OB’s? And of course a beautiful vinyl spinner, looks a bit like Brinkmann?

1 Like

Love the Michell turntable, have had three since they were called Transcriptors in the 70s. But it hasn’t turned in years…

Thanks Anders! My pride & joy. :grinning:
Simple yet precisely crafted - it’s one of those rare things that is such a pleasure to use. Usually gets house visitors to ask questions, even if they have no interest in music.

The autumn weather has started to force us indoors from the conservatory so I am re aquanting myself with my main Meridian system.
ROON into MS200 then G61R and M60, M33’s Center and surrounds M1500 sub played through Trifield.
The drawings on the wall are by Julian Odell who does these to raise money for cancer charities.

Brent Cobb undecoded in MQA sounds amazing here already.

1 Like

Speakers : KEF R900
Amp : Denon PMA-2500NE
CD : Denon DCD-720AE
Streamers : Bluesound Node2 , Meridian 218
Turntable : Marantz TT15S1

2 Likes

Headphone setup by my bed. Ropieee node with a Meridian Explorer2 hooked to my Sennheiser HD600s. I truly don’t think you could do any better for under the $200 I paid for all the parts (except the cans. I had those already).

2 Likes

Setup in my lounge, main listening is via the Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolutions connected to a Jadis i35 integrated valve amplifier which is fed by a Meridian MS600 dac, I use Tellurium Q Black ii speaker cable, the Copland CTA506 sitting on an entirely inappropriate shelf for cooling is currently unused but too nice to leave in the box! TV is 65 inch LG oled.
I have two headphone setups, one is an MS600 feeding a Stax SRM-007tII Kimik energiser with SR-009’s, the other is a Microrendu with LPS1 feeding a Chord Hugo2 with Hifiman Edition X V2’s.
In my bedroom I have a pair of Kef LS50w’s awaiting Roon readiness? And in my study I have a Primaluna Prologue integrated amplifier feeding a pair of Sonus Faber Toy bookshelf speakers, still deciding how to feed this from Roon.
Rock is running in the under stairs cupboard (plenty of ventilation in addition to the fan) on a NUC7i7BNH with 16gb of Memory and a 128gb M.2 SSD, music stored on 3 external disks which are synced to a NAS daily, scheduled db backup weekly, control via iPad Pro, iPhone 7+ and MacBook Pro.

14 Likes

Hi.

Just trying it out as an alternative to Volumio.

Sounds amazing so far and loving the interface. Shame there’s no Qobuz support (and yes, I’ve seen the headaches on the forums).

None the less, will give it a go for the trial period at the very least!

My setup:
QNAP -> RPiv3 -> JustBoom DigiHat -> Audio-GD NOS11 -> AudioGD Master 3 -> Linn Majik 109

@Ratbert – what is that beautiful glass thing you have around the headphones + stand?

@Danny

It is a glass dome to keep the SR-009’s clean, the optional Stax plastic bag didn’t quite do it for me so I had a local glass company hand make a dome, they put 3 vents at the bottom which allow the cables to pass through and 3 more near the top so it is ventilated, seems to work well, so far anyway.

1 Like

Love it…

I keep my Sennheissers in the closable box they come in, and it’s pretty good. The cable hangs out the front and it’s ok.

I keep the Audezes in the giant case they came in, but it’s not really quick access nor can I close the lid. I need a better solution.

For the AudioQuest, they need to be crammed into the box so it’s not fast access either:

I love your solution. I will have to look into local glass companies…

Thanks, you have a nice selection of headphones there, I too have the boxes but as you so rightly say they are far from convenient.

I have attached a closeup showing a little more detail.

@joel I can provide details if you are interested?

6 Likes

Very nice.
How would you comment on the Stax and Hifiman?
Like probably many of us, I do a lot of headphone listening…

Hi Anders

I love them both, the Stax are without doubt the best headphones I have heard, but they can be a little too revealing of poor recordings, so for rock music or ‘poorer’ recordings I tend to use the Chord Hugo2 which is excellent and the hifiman as they add their own subtle coloration to the sound which I really like and works well with pretty much any quality of recording.
I used to have an 818v3 and used the Stax with that, other than not doing MQA I do not notice any significant reduction in quality using the MS600, could be old age and degrading hearing of course?

Russ

Yes please, details would be appreciated, my phones (SR-507) need a cover :pray:t5:

Added a Hugo2 to the desktop.

Chain is a Surface Pro 4 > Iso Regen & LPS-1 > Hugo2 > HD800-S

The real secret weapon/s though are under the monitor… Previously there were just one. But a 2nd one was found in packing boxes and when added to the system, has brought significant improvements… I’ll tag @RBM who busted my secret the first time.

5 Likes

Nice ! What sub(s) do you use with your SF bookshelves?