Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Here is a partial pic of my system. No cats!

5 Likes

Is Miles what’s playing, or the cat?

Both. :slight_smile:

Cat Miles listening to In a Silent Way, if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

I once had a cat named Scarlatti, after “The Cat’s Fugue”. Only she turned out to be not that much of a keyboard player during her long life. Living with cats and pianos I do get in the habit of keeping the keyboard closed (I’m a light sleeper and don’t always appreciate middle of the night serenades).

5 Likes

Is TV on stand or wall?

it looks like his tv is on the wall, and the lid for the vinyl system is up.

2 Likes

Are they glasses of water on top of your speakers?

Empty vases? That’s another whole new topic
 show us what on top of your speakers
 besides a cat.

1 Like

Lifetime subscriber here. Fantastic Schiit synergy, Carver Bi-amped Vandersteen 3A signature speakers. In addition to a dozen Pi and Sonus endpoints, big fan of HQPlayer, DietPi, and Ropieee. Whole home distribution and control is incredible. Audeze curves in use.

Sorry no cats, live in coyote country :slight_smile:

17 Likes

@spockfish Harry will be proud to see the ropieee on the desk, and I’m glad to see the clock on the screen too
something which I pushed for with Harry and he delivered in spades :smiley:

Nice display wall you have there
my muso mate would like that I bet. Nice selection of cans too. Filing cabinets make great desk leg ends
been there done that.

Ooooooo, I hope you play those guitars
 :sunglasses:

Nope. Night lights (mini-candles) inside glass holders on top of felt coasters:

I find that they add a bit of sweetness to the mid-treble that really makes them sing

Either that or they are the inevitable consequence of there being a flat surface somewhere that can have c**p placed on it. The alternative would be the conversation that starts with: “You can’t put those there! Do you know how much those speakers cost?”, which is followed by: “No dear, please enlighten me.” You know the rest.

9 Likes

The Elephant in the Room

Elvis was drawn by Julian O’Dell who does these amazing portraits to raise money for cancer charities.
You will find him on Facebook and he does some amazing work.

4 Likes

Gungnir or Gumby? Gumby Multibit Rocks.

1 Like

My speakers don’t have separate tweeters (Jordan Eikona - full range drive unit) but, if you look carefully, you will see that they have quackers :grinning:

13 Likes

Very nice setup!
I feel a bit sorry for the Bluesound Node 2 though, it needs to breathe! :slight_smile:

I wanted a music room that doesn’t emphasize the gadgetry, boxless. Meridian speakers contain DACs and amps, and that is all that is in my view. Couldn’t quite achieve that: a Meridian 818 serves as controller and input selection, even though I never use anything other than Roon. And my AC power is terrible, into the house and within the house, so I got a PS Audio generator, which looks like a huge black power amp because that’s what it is. Plus a Geek Pulse to drive headphones, driven by MicroRendu. But all those boxes are off to the side behind a plant, I never need to see or touch them, all I touch is the iPad. (The chair between the speakers is a cat convenience only.)

Windows behind the speakers is not ideal, but there are other things in life than sound perfection, the view is to die for. And Acourate DSP helps. The room is large and irregular, with a sloping ceiling.

29 Likes

Awesome view, what lake / sea is that?

Love Meridian :slight_smile:

It’s Lake Washington, Seattle.

1 Like

Oh my god. What a view!
And I thought I was privileged