Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

I dont regret a thing @DrTone, just enjoying good music and zero thougts about what software version that sounds best :wink:

2 Likes

Nice set-up! Plus it looks like you live in a Deck House, one that might have a pretty nice view.

Hey Rene,

Did you build those (for lack of a better term) Closets behind your ML’s reflect the sound? …i.e. Were they purpose-built to back up those lovely ML’s???

I also use a 2012 MAC Mini for my RoonServer…I run it on 12 VDC and it’s dead quiet! Though I do run a Audiobyte Hydra Z DDC between my Mini and my AES-fed DAC.

I do! Well spotted… it is in rural CT, set in the woods to take full advantage of all the glass. Let’s me crank tunes too!

1 Like

Hello larry

No we live in a old house 100 years old, and the only place to put the speakers was on that spot.
That closets was converted to book chelfs but i took everything out.

But fortunally i own a lyngdorf dpa-1 preamp with room correction software built in it.
And afther the correction the speakers sound the same as our other house where we lived.

And yes the martin logans sounds wonderfull stil at age.

I have my mac-mini upstairs in a room with my nas and run a network cabel downstairs to my router.

1 Like

Now that would be a really hard decision for me to make: speaker placement or bookshelves. In our previous home, the library ended up like this:

Now it’s grown further and burst appendices in various places in the current house…

7 Likes

But no problem for me here I have no books.

Nice book rack you have there geoff.

My compromise …

And for the amp and DAC etc. …

Roon Core (Ubuntu Server) -> Allo DigiOne -> Chord 2Qute -> Arcam A19 -> Dali Zensor 7

11 Likes

It’s all for the love of music :musical_note:

And the pleasure to use roon to explore new music on this earth.

Hire hire

1 Like

Good to see the guitar out and ready…

1 Like

That’s a lot of Billy bookcases!

I bought something similar a while back on an Amazon lightning deal:

Connected it to my Odroid today and voila, 5G connectivity to my Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO located on the other side of the house.

This looks like exactly the same device, just with a different branding.

Looks great, but from a SQ perspective, the guitar will resonate and the corner of a room is the worst place to put a TT if it’s not ornamental. It’s where LF is most concentrated.

I’ve never seen a recording studio and concert hall without guitars lying around to mess things up Lol
Leave it where it is and play it often. Any resonance just adds to the vibe… enjoy!

1 Like

Perhaps MQA could magically de-blur the instruments singing along in the room. :thinking:

4 Likes

In theory, maybe. … just maybe. In practice absolutely not an issue.

Each to their own I guess.

Not really. There’s no impact in my system. The guitar may resonate with a suitably powerful low frequency signal and I guess the same applies to the corner. But it hasn’t happened … Flight of the Cosmic Hippo at full tilt, nada! Granted, a truck parked outside the house the other day and I did notice the whole room resonate! :slight_smile:

Oh, and the TT isn’t for show … I like to play my vinyl every now and then. I sometimes get nostalgic about a 12" gatefold.

1 Like

My acoustic guitar keeps ringing long after the music has stopped, I had to move it to another room. In that room it still reacts to the music through the house too. In my case, in my room with that specific guitar, it quite obviously had a detrimental effect on the SQ. That said, seen plenty of concerts with spare guitars on the stage and I’ve worked at Abbey Road and other studios here in London for live recording sessions and spare instruments were not given the slightest attention from the very talented engineers.

2 Likes