Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

PS Audio Sprout 100

1 Like

look, ma’: no tubes! :grimacing:

… just for a while (only testing a “secondary” system that will, probably, end up @GF’s :wink: … or maybe not :stuck_out_tongue: )

previously…

(2Qute recently replaced by a Qutest)

9 Likes

The Technics equipment has temporary left the building and will be completely revised by the Vintage Company. I hope to get it back before the end of the year.

The replacement is an Allo BOSS DAC and a S.M.S.L SA-98E Power HIFI Digital Amplifier.
Plenty of power for the Opticons. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Last update for the year, I promise… :wink: Lowest box count since I began building my little Rooniverse – nothing left to trim.

@Wayne_Bull1: I guess this answers your question? :wink:

8 Likes

Cheers Rene

This is my bedroom rig:
Ultra Rendu w/Teddy Pardo ps
SPL Phonitor X
WFS Dac upgraded to v2 DSD w/Femto clock
Focal Utopia headphones w/ Moon Audio Black Dragon cable
Roon server is Small Green Computer Sonic Tranporter with i7 and linear 12 volt ps.

9 Likes

Hi @RBM, I will use my Nuc loading my Music files on Time Capsule too, but I don’t have done right.
Could You show me how You did your setup on Roon to access normally, please.

Thank you!!

this might help

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5241153

and https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_How_do_I_set_up_Roon_to_import_from_my_NAS%3F

1 Like

&This is my Setup
Einstein The Tune
Pro-ject Prebox S2 Digital
Nucleus plus integrated 2Terabite firecuda
Cable:SupraCable NF, CAT, USB, Powercord and LS
Mainfilter: Einstein Audio Octopus Ultimate
Loudspeaker: Blumenhofer Acoustics Genuin FS2

4 Likes

Could you please share a picture of your speakers?

4 Likes

updated diagram (new headphone set-up)

7 Likes

Mile High Roon. :laughing: Exported my home library as 320k AAC, and setup my laptop as a core. Schiit Fulla2 driving Parrot Zik 3’s (over 3.5mm, their bluetooth is rubbish). iPad connected to an ad-hoc network worked perfectly, and gave me a few excellent hours of listening to and reading about my library over the pacific. Flight crew equal parts confused and impressed.

27 Likes

Great job!

Managed to get my hands on a Shinai. It is a 40kg weapon! Speakers are 20 years old and boy they sound good with this beast feeding them. Have upgraded the cables to Lunar since these pics were taken and the system has been raised another notch. Bit of a shame that the Volta is not Roon compatible but the Sonore and Meridian / Grandinote are a great sounding combo.

7 Likes

Great to see another Grandinote user here! I really like the way the Shinai sounds and Grandinote has a way of getting the best out of the speakers so I’m sure yours sound terrific! :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

Truly amazing! I’ve not heard anything like it. Close your eyes and you are there always sounded a bit corny to me but I have now experienced it even before the kit has been broken in. I have it playing genres the kids used to screw their noses at but not any more. Honestly, the best investment in hifi I have ever made.

2 Likes

Just curious.
Rather than setup the laptop as core, why not as control? Eliminates the need for ad-hoc network and iPad, and can still browse and read your library on the laptop while enjoying your music.

2 Likes

I just enjoy reading much more on the iPad - can lean back and enjoy things rather than crouching over a screen.
Plus it added a degree of difficulty! (plane rides are boring!)

4 Likes

Makes sense.
Thanks for the response.