Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Crikey ! That’s a great setup. OKC Thunder doing nicely in the standings :grin:

Matrix x sabre pro
Cirrus7 server
Genelec 8351 on gstands

13 Likes

I like those Cirrus 7 cases, very nice.

see that’s the “Media Server” Cirrus: are you running just Rock on it or… ?

asking 'cause I’m considering one and not sure which one to get “media” or “business” :no_mouth:
(will only run Rock on it)

Yeah I’m thinking the same thing. Very nice indeed. Hadn’t heard of them a week ago and now seem to be everywhere.

I have media version wich is based on 8th gen of nuc and im running windows on, because i need them. Im not sure if Rock works on 8th NUC?

But maybe cirrus have 7th gen of NUC, you should ask them.

1 Like

Genelec are sweet sounding active speakers! One of the best. I especially like their small models like the 8020.

This is really handcrafted. Not a chinese copy of anything. And unlike others, you can it easy disassemble for changing hardware.

Yes, they are very good.

4 Likes

Genelec’s are typically used for near field studio monitors and can be (lets say) rather unforgiving of sub par recordings

I still have a 5U3C - is that similar do you know?

Thanks @dabassgoesboomboom

Yes, Thunder doing well. I’d like to see us get our first Championship. I’d be happy to finish above Golden State for obvious reasons. :wink:

1 Like

Today was a big day for me. I picked up a pair of Meridian DSP5200SEs which meant dismantling my main system and starting again …
Everything worked first go, which is a miracle and both myself and SWMBO were immediately blown away by Shelby Lynne in MQA.

22 Likes

Must’ve been the mqa, nothing at all to do with the hardware🤣

1 Like

Latest update added this today. Tranquil PC i7 Fanless running ROCK to replace old i3 in cupboard.

2 Likes

Cool reflection in the Atom: the Dino’s biting the swan. :joy:

2 Likes

It’s a package… MQA has a richness I can’t define. CD is amazing also, well the go0d ones are

They cost more than my entire two systems. Not jealous at all, wish I had that spare cash.

Luckily I had a great preowned deal or I would not have them. Plus, I was 60 this year, time is running out :joy:
I have waited a long time for this and couldn’t be happier. Dream big and go get some when the planets align for you as they surely will…

1 Like

Ha! Can you imagine if they’d somehow (salary cap) kept the 3 x MVP’s (!!!) and Ibaka (who’s back in form this year)…

Must be fun watching in your home cinema during the playoffs - big screen and stadium surround sound!