Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

IMG_1270.jpeg

NUC i7 with Rood ROCK > Intona > Schiit Yggdrasil DAC > Integrated Amplifier Burmester 032 > Loudspeaker Burmester B80 MKII

19 Likes

Thanks. Is there any way for the Naim to auto-select source? For example, when you start watching a film, it auto-switches to AV inputs?

Too many years with Zeppelin at Mach 9 on headphones donā€™t help :face_with_head_bandage:

4 Likes

Ahhhhhā€¦ I seeā€¦

Nope you have to manually switch to analogue input, but Roon will auto switch when you play via Roon app on the new unity.

Enough changes since February for a new photo and diagram. New mono amps, new DAC and new speakers! Iā€™am ready for the winter.

My audio website (in Dutch only)

21 Likes

Are you sure the Speakers are close enough to the sidewalls :roll_eyes:
SCNR :wink:
But it does look very nice :+1:

1 Like

Nice system, but do yourself a favor and add one or more transports, at least between Mac Mini and Audiolab DAC. That system deserves cleaner USB, and a cheap transport like Allo USBridge will yield big improvements to sound quality.

I took another pic today, I need better light for this reallyā€¦ Meridian DSP 5200SE. The guitar is my beloved Tanglewood set up for me by Roy Gandy (Rega) He added a zero fret also, giving me a lovely low action.
What to do with old albums? See picā€¦ Okie

4 Likes

Donā€™t tell me, it has been my worry for years :slight_smile: Thatā€™s the space available for hifi at the moment.
Good news is Iā€™m looking for a new house and guess what? A proper space for my loudspeaker is the key driver for the final choice :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That will make a big difference for your system :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m really looking forward. I got the B80 4 weeks ago from an excellent deal (they are 8 months old) just because I know Iā€™ll be changing home shortly. In the present one it is a no sense to use such big loudspeakers.
Iā€™ll post the new set-up as soon as ready :slight_smile:

Anyway, consider average flat size in Italy is 1/3 than in US :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Two rectifiers came with the Atlantic - the 5U3C tube (Svetlana factory, which I understand is based in Russia, though the tube says ā€œHand Made in the Czech Republicā€ on the base) and one whose markings are unclear but which looks the same (logo seems similar and has ā€œO T K 3ā€ on the back).

I believe that it was the ceramic base KR 5U4G that I had; is this it? (sorry, this seems to be the only picture I have of it) -

The one pictured here I had replaced as the central pin was at a slight angle, making the tube sit squint in the DAC. The replacement I received emitted a noticeable hum/buzz; Lampizator therefore replaced it with the EML that I am using now, which they felt was on a par with the KR.

I didnā€™t find it noticeably better than the EML 274BM (mesh version) tube that I am currently using; did you find it to be superior? What is ā€œRKā€ KR5U4G?

Datasheet for my EML: http://www.emissionlabs.com/datasheets/EML274.htm

i think we need a separate roon tube thread. :sunglasses:

1 Like

That speaker looks rather close to the side wall. Have you tried moving it in. 3 feet from sidewalls is my rule of thumb.

Also, having a guitar(s) in the listening room, singing along at reverberant frequencies wonā€™t be helpful.

1 Like

I canā€™t put the speaker anywhere else Iā€™m afraid. Domestic harmony rules :joy:The corner position selected in DSP cures any boom. I also have boundary control to use if I need it. (I havenā€™t felt the need yet.) Those speakers are amazingā€¦
As for the guitar, I like it there easy to pick up and play, and if Iā€™m not playing it, I can look at it. Also, studios are full of guitars and the like. I like itā€¦
Really, it doesnā€™t affect sound for me at all.

2 Likes

He canā€™t tell the differenceā€¦ He listens to MQA compressed music mostlyā€¦ :wink:

3 Likes

Letā€™s just think about that for a moment :thinking:

Why would you use win10 to run your roon core?