Signature Rendu SE Not Seen by Roon after Update to Version 2.6

Yesterday my roon updated to version 1.5 and I wanted to check out how my Sonore Signature Rendu SE / Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 combo worked with MQA but first decided to see if there was an update for the Sonore. I was running 2.5 and updated to the now available 2.6. After doing this, Roon no longer sees the Sonore at all. The sonore is visible on my network, I’ve rebooted it the entire system and also restarted the Roon Ready app. There does seem to be a problem with the Roon Ready App app as if I execute the “Roon Ready Diagnostic” it reports “Error 500 Service unavailable.” @Jesus_Rodriguez Help appreciated.

Hey @Craig_Palmer – we just enabled diagnostics on your account so we can have a look at the logs here.

We’ll let you know if anything jumps out here, but I suspect we will need some input from Jesus to move forward here. My advice would’ve been to reboot the devices and network, but it sounds like you’ve already done that.

We’ll be in touch, and thanks for your patience here @Craig_Palmer!

Thanks for the quick response Mike.

I’ve rebooted my network, my nucleus+ and the sonore sig rendu se. No change. Roon still can’t see it.

The sonore is still reporting a “Error 500 Service unavailable” in the “Roon Ready Diagnostics”.

Let me know what I should do next…

Just to try something else, I deleted the Roon app from the Sonore and re-installed. The log for the install is below. Certainly looks like something went wrong on the update to 2.6 on the Sonore side or something on the hardware side failed at exactly the same time…

Jesus?

Package install in progress…
05/03/2018 15:06:30 - Installing package RoonReady (this can take some time)…
05/03/2018 15:06:30 - Installing Roon Ready.
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:01 ago on Thu May 3 15:06:38 2018.
Dependencies resolved.

Package Arch Version Repository Size

Installing:
RoonReady armv7hl 1.1.28-1.fc25 sonicorbiter 522 k

Transaction Summary

Install 1 Package

Total download size: 522 k
Installed size: 3.8 M
Downloading Packages:

Total 623 kB/s | 522 kB 00:00
Running transaction check
Transaction check succeeded.
Running transaction test
Transaction test succeeded.
Running transaction
Installing : RoonReady-1.1.28-1.fc25.armv7hl 1/1
Invalid card number.
Invalid card number.
Invalid card number.
/usr/sbin/alsactl: save_state:1595: No soundcards found…
Verifying : RoonReady-1.1.28-1.fc25.armv7hl 1/1

Installed:
RoonReady.armv7hl 1.1.28-1.fc25

Complete!
Invalid card number.
Invalid card number.
Invalid card number.
/usr/sbin/alsactl: save_state:1595: No soundcards found…
Back to Package Manager

Go into Roon Ready settings and press “save changes”. This will rebuild the Roon config and restart Roon Ready.

Also make sure your DAC is showing up in the DAC diagnostic.

Andrew – “Save Changes” in “Roon Ready” didn’t fix anything. Roon still can’t find it, it’s still reporting “Error 500 Service Unavailable” in the “Roon Ready Diagnostic” and in the “System Settings - Custom DAC” it’s reporting: “Error in alsa-capabilities (v0.9.1): aplay did not find any soundcard” in the Audio Device List field…

To put a fork in this one, Sonore sent me a new micro SD card that installed new firmware and fixed my (likely) corrupt version. All fixed. Thanks!

PS. When will the Signature Rendu SE show up as “Certified” in Roon???

Hello @Craig_Palmer,

When you get the opportunity, try restarting your Roon Server on your Nucleus+ using the WebUI. This should fix the “Not Certified” flag showing up for the Sonore Signature Rendu SE.

-John

Certified flag on Sonore Sig Rendu SE fixed. Thanks!!

1 Like