Simaudio Moon Evolution 780D V2 is now Roon Ready

I had my 780D V1 upgraded and it now works perfectly as a Roon Ready endpoint. Other Simaudio Moon products with the V2 MIND are also Roon Ready.

1 Like

Hey Kerry,

Bet it sounds awesome!

I didn’t quite go Evolution, but I just bought the new Moon 390 Preamp and it works great and sounds amazing.

Cheers, Greg

2 Likes

Thanks Greg! Yep, it’s sounding pretty amazing. I was initially worried that the 780D v2 wouldn’t sound quite as good when playing via Roon vs. the MIND app and Asset UPnP but I need not have worried. It sounds just as good if not a little better!

Congratulations! The 780D is an excellent DAC and with the new MiND module they fixed my only gripe with it.

Simaudio’s digital products have always been excellent. Solid engineering, no BS, and great sound. I recently updated my ACE to MiND v2 and have updated a 280D and 380D for friends. We’re all pleased as can be with the results.

I’ve been debating on swapping out the ACE in my office for a 390 as I have a 330A amp sitting here looking very lonely. Problem is that I don’t need anything better than the ACE in here :wink:

1 Like

The 390 is a superb piece of gear too! One of my dealers even preferred it to the 780D because of the great value and the fact that he thought it was a little warmer sounding. I never heard it but I don’t think the 780D is at all “cold” or sterile. It’s very open, detailed but also completely non-fatiguing with a huge soundstage.

The 780, still one of my favourites…:+1:

1 Like

Nice system Kees! What are the other Moon pieces you have? I have a P8 and W8.

Hi Kerry,

Moon 700i amp, 650 cd player and 610 phono amp and a 620 power supply on its way…:joy:. At the time I bought the 780 it was still equipped with the MIND V1 module, something I didn’t like. Thats why I bought a dCS networkbridge as a Roon endpoint.

A dCS guy with Moon equipment…:joy:, does your boss know about this…:joy::joy:

Ha! I have a Rossini, Bartok, and Network Bridge connected to that ACE :wink:

If we made a sub-$3K integrated amp I’d be using that instead.

Joking aside, Simaudio makes great gear and their amps are among my favorites. I’ve used an 860A in my main system for a long time. Sure, we both make digital products, but we do that in completely different parts of the market. If I were looking for a sub-10K streaming DAC I’d grab a 380D or 280D in a heartbeat.

Just giving credit where it’s due. It’s a great company that makes great products and I’ll continue to fly that flag no matter who I work for.

Hey Kees, Nice system! I had the 680D before I decided to go 100% network audio and got the 780D. I loved it! According to Fremer at Sterophile the new Moon power supply is supposed to really improve the performance - I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Andrew, lucky you to work for dcs! What a great company! I’ve never auditioned their gear as it’s mostly out of my price range but it’s so well regarded! I just updated my 780D with the new MIND2. The only reason I hung onto my Meridian MS600 so long was to use it as a Roon endpoint since the original 780D wasn’t Roon computable. I find Roon sounds better directly through the internal MIND in the 780D vs through the Meridian feeding the 780D via an MIT Oracle digital coax.

With this reply you’ll have my respect Andrew…:+1::+1:

1 Like