Slider to change which part of Artist Picture Appears in Frame

Some of the more obscure artists in my library are very difficult to find pictures for. At times, you find yourself able to find a high resolution image but it is portrait not landscape.

This means that when you look at your list of artists, the image is cropped but you have no control over which part of the image is cropped to fill the frame in library view, so sometimes you get just the top of somebody’s head etc.

I would really like a slider feature when you’re adding an artist image to control which part of the image is displayed, similar to what you see on a lot of websites like when uploading a picture to set as your profile image etc.

I know there would be bandaid fixes and workarounds like changing the dimensions of the image manually using a photoshop type tool, but I would really appreciate the ability to make my library view look as professional and polished as possible from within the software itself!

1 Like

I wouldnt want to make that too complicated. A simple focus on the face would already avoid getting things like these:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-16 um 19.32.31
Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-16 um 19.32.18
Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-16 um 19.32.05
Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-16 um 19.31.51

Any software can focus on the face in 2020!

1 Like

As it has been done countless times on lots of different sites, I am assuming Roon would be able to follow suit and make make the ability to choose which part of the image fits in the frame very simple, clean and intuitive.

An ‘auto’ toggle would be great for a quick and easy solution to all the images you’ve manually uploaded that aren’t somewhere around 16:9 ratio though.

1 Like