Slideshow in latest update

Is there a new feature called Slideshow ?
Just got an email from Roon about the update that linked to a Blog that mentioned there was one in album play
Ray

Hi Ray,

Itā€™s part of Build 521 back in February. Hereā€™s what it said:

Now Playing

Two new features have made their way onto the Now Playing screen.

The first change weā€™ve made affects Live Radio playback. When the station youā€™re listening to provides Artist and Track Title information, Roon will look up this information and link directly to the album when weā€™ve found a match.

The matching is handled by the same cloud services that power Search in Roon. While this wonā€™t work for every track, the matches should make it significantly easier to add content to your library as you listen to your favorite stations.

This release also adds the ability to enable a slideshow on Now Playing for albums that include a gallery of additional images. This option can be enabled from the Now Playing configuration screen.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Greg

Is this the now playing screen?[quote=ā€œGreg, post:2, topic:103534, full:trueā€]
Hi Ray,

Itā€™s part of Build 521 back in February. Hereā€™s what it said:

Now Playing

Two new features have made their way onto the Now Playing screen.

The first change weā€™ve made affects Live Radio playback. When the station youā€™re listening to provides Artist and Track Title information, Roon will look up this information and link directly to the album when weā€™ve found a match.

The matching is handled by the same cloud services that power Search in Roon. While this wonā€™t work for every track, the matches should make it significantly easier to add content to your library as you listen to your favorite stations.

This release also adds the ability to enable a slideshow on Now Playing for albums that include a gallery of additional images. This option can be enabled from the Now Playing configuration screen.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Greg
[/quote]

Thanks
Is this the now playing screen?
Where would it be?

It is, however, you need to be on the disc icon at the top right to see them.

You need to have music with additional images on your system. I donā€™t think any albums from streaming services have them (I could be wrong).

You can find out if you have any by going to the Album Browser and clicking Focus > Inspector and the Has Additional Images.

If you play a track, the additional images will scroll through about every 30 seconds.

Cheers, Greg

Thanks for taking the time to reply
Work on the assumption that I know nothing about Roon which will be close to the markšŸ™ƒ
According to focus I have no records with extra images
Iā€™m not streaming
all my records have been moved over from ITunes
So how do I get these images
And I have 16 records corrupted
What does that mean?

I think this is something that metadata groomers do with their music. They may take photos of the CD artwork or get it from another source. They will include album covers, liner notes, etc. You can save them as jpg or png.

You will have to spend the time grooming your collection if you want this feature to be useful.

I happened to have some images in my collection, but I donā€™t go out of my way to add them.

Itā€™s up to you if you want to put in the work for the feature.

Check here for info about corrupted files.

Cheers, Greg

Hi Greg,

(Slightly OT)

Do I infer therefore that .tiff files are not supported? Yesterday was the first time as a Roon user I went into settings & noticed ā€˜skipped filesā€™. They were mostly images & at a quick glance, it appeared they were .tiff files. I canā€™t confirm if this was the case with all of the skipped files.

Whilst I donā€™t have any issues with album art (all of my albums are personally tagged either in jpg or png), I do have some albums where I may have downloaded extended artwork & some of those are .tiff format.

Itā€™s not something Iā€™ll likely bother to change as it doesnā€™t affect Roon or my user experience. However, moving forward I will be aware such files need conversion for Roon to recognise them.

Thanks.

Tiff is supported. Iā€™m not sure why thought they were corrupt. You could see if you could open them with some other software and see if they work and save them again as tiff, or convert to another format. Then see if Roon recognizes them.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

Aaah - ok - thank you Greg. I was reading between the lines a little too much here. :smiley:

Cheers.

Iā€™m just getting around to trying the slideshow capability in a previous version of Roon. But Iā€™m having difficulty finding where the photos have to go to be utilized and what formats are supported. Can anyone enlighten me?