Slow search and performance

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Core is a NUC7i3 running Rock 1.6 build 401, library on internal SSD, 4200 albums on external HDD.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Core is wired to switch, Asus RT-AC66U router also wired to same switch.
Primary endpoint is running Windows 10, internet 150Mbit up 30Mbit down, also controlling through iPhone and iPad.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Audio endpoint Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital USB connected directly to Core.

Description Of Issue
Very slow performance when searching, when disabling Tidal it seems to go away.

1. Speed test 151.4Mb/s Download and 30.86 Mb/s upload. Network latency: 45 msec. Jitter: 61 msec.
  2. 1.7 sec.
  3. 8.9 sec.
  4. 21.5 sec.
  5. 0.9 sec.
  6. 0.9 sec.
  7. 3.5 sec.
  8. 4.3 sec.
  9. 0.8 sec.
  10. 0.8 sec.
  11. 4.8 sec.

Hi @VidarDK,

Thanks for the info here!

Besides slow searches, do you experience any other slowness in Roon (playback, adding tracks to library, etc.)?

Do you experience this behavior on all remote devices?

Hi @dylan,

As you can see on my test results playback start is not impressive 4-5 sec, but the most annoying thing is the search part… sometimes it is okay but most of the time it is really slow 20-60 sec. is not uncommon.

I see this behavior on all devices.

Hi @VidarDK,

How often do you see this type of behavior? Does it pop up occasionally or, once it starts happening, are all searches slow? If you reboot do things speed up at all?

Hi Dylan

Sorry for being so blunt but I think in the meantime roon should have gathered enough data points to realize that the slow search is a global problem that urgently needs to be adressed :roll_eyes:

The searches are almost always very slow with mostly around 20 and more seconds and that is not acceptable anymore.
Roon knows about this for how long now?

How should I convince many guests to use roon when the searches are that slow?
Instead of impressing guests (like before 1.6) it is now more often quite embarassing :flushed:

Don’t get me wrong, apart from the abysmal search times, I really LOVE 1.6 very much :clap:

Please finally fix the yawningly slow search and we have the best roon version ever :wink:

I know it is not your fault but it is time to stop inquiring and start fixing

3 Likes

Hi @dylan,

Almost all searches are very slow, there is no pattern except disabling Tidal, and rebooting doesn’t help :disappointed_relieved:

I totally agree with @Christoph Roon knows there is a problem and it has to be fixed.

1 Like

Hi @VidarDK and @Christoph,

I definitely recommend checking out Mike’s post here:

As Mike mentioned here, we are continually working to increase search performance. Additionally, we have identified an issue that is affecting some users which will be resolved in our next update.

With this in mind, we still want to gather information for each report that comes to us here. As Mike mentioned in his post, there are environmental factors that often play into this behavior and understanding these factors and the exact symptoms will allow us to continue to make improvements for those experiencing issues.

I have passed your above information along to the team for review, VidarDK. We appreciate your patience here!

Hi @dylan,

I have been checking almost every post regarding this matter including Mike’s post.
I hope next update will fix these issues… thanks.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Variable search performance

Same here :roll_eyes:

A post was split to a new topic: Issues with slow search sporadically

Hi everyone,

I wanted to reach out because we’ve just released Roon 1.6 (Build 416). This update includes a fix for some performance problems we believe may be causing some users to experience slowness in Roon. Please give Roon an update and let us know if things have improved for you.

You can read the full release notes here:

A post was split to a new topic: Experience slow search and performance

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.