Small pauses when playing audio from Tidal

I confirm now too that it also happens with local files. Anyone know how to report a bug to Roon?

Post in Support if you need support

Stray neutrinos?

1 Like

What do you mean?

Tongue-in-cheek and neutrinos as very weakly interacting particles are very unlikely, but cosmic rays of other kinds are a thing:

2 Likes

Please post signal path of playing local file when it skips.

Sorry - joke. We used to blame ‘stay neutrinos’ for random events that were otherwise inexplicable…

1 Like

I saw Stray Neutrinos warm up for The Suburbs at First Avenue in 1983. :metal:

1 Like

If I remember correctly - it was a long time ago and I’m not going to look it up - the thing about neutrinos was that they would pass straight through just about anything so, in effect, you’d have to be very unlucky to have one flip a bit but, conversely, there wasn’t much you could do about it… :wink:

Will do. For now here’s the path of the same issue now happening with Qobuz.

I see that you using Parametric EQ. Could it be that when playing a song that it is clipping?

This would resemble skipping or small pauses.

Can you temporary disable the EQ?

–MD

1 Like

Wouldn’t the clipping occur consistently on the same song passage in the case of clipping? However, if I return to the same section of the song where the playback gap occurred once, it doesn’t happen again.

Since it is digital, it would seem like this would be the case but I don’t this for sure.

I know that clipping is sparatic depending on source.

It is a simple toggle switch to see if this is the problem and if it is not a simple switch back.

Also a easy fix if it is the EQ. Just lower the master gain.

–MD

Sure, will test further. Thanks

I do not see any mention of Ethernet switches. My Roon Server NAS and DAC were on an unmanaged switch when I experienced a similar issue. Once I moved my NAS and DAC Ethernet off the switch and went directly to the router, my problems stopped. This electronic stuff will keep you on your toes!

1 Like

Yes, my connection is under an unmanaged switch. I guess I need to add this to one of the things to test!

I was having this occasional playback dropout recently for about a week. It seems to have resolved itself with the latest Roon updates.

Are you still having these cutouts during playback?

I’m no longer using this setup and will stop using Roon entirely.

1 Like