Small Request - Zone Naming

First of all, Ropieee is a fantastic piece of software. Thanks for providing such a generous gift to the community.

I recently added a display and IR receiver, but in setting up the Roon zone they control, I had to rename the zone, as Ropieee doesn’t accept the “+” character within the zone name (whereas Roon does).

Thus, I’m wondering, would it be possible for Ropieee to accept the same set of characters that Roon accepts?

Either way, thanks!

Not sure what your mean by this. Ropieee doesn’t care about zones.
Are you referring to the host name in Ropieee setup? It doesn’t have to match any zone name.

Ropieee refers to “Roon Control Zones” - these are the zones that are associated with the display and the remote control.

1 Like

Ahh, I don’t use that option. Now, I understand. Thanks for the clarification. :slightly_smiling_face:

@spockfish I have the same problem. In my case Ropieee doesn’t accept a dot in the zone name where Roon itself does. Is it possible to adjust this in a future update?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Joost

Hi

This is something I’d be interested in as well. Living in Sweden, I’m using some special characters like “Ö”, “Å” and “Ä”. These are not at all specific for swedish, nor the nordic countries. Would it be possible to support these for the Roon control zone field in Ropieee? As it is now, I get the comment (translated from swedish) - “Use the expected format” when ever I try to enter a special character.

Regards
Viktor Perselli