Incessant stutter. Playing thru Bluesound Node - So why is this happening?

One has to be careful not to paint with such a broad brush. The product line of Bluesound and NAD is extremely broad. What has caused so many problems in these products is Bluesound/NAD taking advantage of Roon’s previous looser policy to claim certification when in fact many things were not working properly. And then they took years to fix issues and only really started to clean things up when Roon took the hard stance that you’re not certified if everything isn’t working and you’ll lose it it you don’t. This was the right answer IMHO… but NAD/Bluesound should be blamed for taking so long to prioritize fixing issues.

Having said all this you still have to do proper diligence to make sure you’ll not have an issue (which is good practice for any device you buy if you’re using Roon)…

I have 10 NAD CI720s with bluesound and 2 Nodes that work flawlessly in a wired fashion.

Many users have reported that the current Bluesound products are working much much better with wifi after a recent firmware release: BlueOS 3.10 released 18/8/2020. Of course that doesn’t help the OP with wifi problems with his Node.

And I’m not aware of users have problems with most Bluesound devices if they wire them.

The issues with the Gen1 NAD CI580 have never been addressed and it doesn’t work wired or wireless.

I could go on… but my point is there are some great products from NAD and Bluesound and if you’re careful in what you chose, do proper diligence and set them up properly you’ll likely never have issues (like me), but you can get burned if you’re not careful. But I would not rule out using everything from Bluesound/NAD…

1 Like