Sonicorbiter OS 2.7 released for sonicTransporter

We just released Sonicorbiter OS 2.7 for the sonicTransporter.

Here is a list of new features.

Resilio Sync: Resilio Sync gives the user the ability to easily sync their music files on their computer with their sonicTransporter servers. You can also sync music from one sonicTransporter to another over the internet. Great for vacations homes.

Plex Media Server Auto update: Plex Media Server provides periodic updates to their software platform, With Sonicorbiter V2.7, these updates will now automatically update to your sonicTransporter. Plex is great for playing music or video to your smart TV.

Auto-detect DSD direct DACs: DSD direct DACs are now auto-detected within the Sonore Series Rendu players. Great if you have a DAC the supports direct DSD.

More information and upgrade instructions here.

2 Likes

Updated from 2.6 to 2.7. Simple!

1 Like

Was unable to update from 2.5 to 2.7. It appeared to update successfully, but is still indicating 2.5 after a reboot. Running a Sonic Transporter I5, with a uRendu. The uRendu did update successfully to 2.7 when I ran that app.

Suggestions?

I believe you have to update to 2.6 first. And 2.6 has some additional steps in updating that weren’t automated. @agillis will know what those 2.6 install instructions are.

Thanks for the suggestion - I suspect you’re right. ! When 2.6 first came out, I think I tried to update from 2.5, but seem to remember having same problem. i.e, the installer indicated a successful update, but 2.5 was still running.

Here is a link to actual directions…it took me a few times to get it right.

Read very carefully.

A big thanks Seaharp - following the actual instructions did the trick, resulting a direct update to 2.7.

2 Likes

For anybody else reading this thread here are the 2.5 - 2.6 upgrade instructions.

http://sonicorbiter.com/docs/upgrade25

-Andrew

I’ve tried updating from 2.6 but keep getting the message

“Cannot resolver sonicorbiter.com” and “Your DNS may not be working”

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

S

It appears I’ve successfully upgraded my SonicTransporter and microRendu to OS version 2.7. Now, however, the Roon app no longer sees my SonicTransporter OR my microRendu. The only device the Roon app sees is my Sonicorbiter SE that’s running OS version 2.3! My endpoints running OS version 2.7 have simply disappeared, even though I’m able to connect to the Roon Core that’s running on the SonicTransporter.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Any advice? This is driving me crazy.

Thanks!

@Preston_Fay We have not seen any problems like that. Contact us on our web site for support and we can figure out what the problem is.

ouch, it only took me 2.5 years to realize there was a special upgrade process to get back v2.5.