Sonos graphics query, and grouping issue

Phil no problem at all.
I came to Roon from an all Sonos house, issue with Roon/Sonos have now made me a half Sonos house.

Truthfully Sonos is a great ecosystem and so easy, but some of my original kit was from 2006 and getting long in the tooth. I still have about 8 speakers and a couple of Moves and Roams as well.
I traded my Sonos amp in due to Roon issues (it was very good) and got a Bluesound PowerNode as it was Roon Ready, then traded that in for an Arcam SA30 which is the best Amp I have ever had in my house and supports Roon, Airplay, Chromecast and Tidal connect so every box ticked for the main listening system.

I will probably end up replacing another room or two over time, but if you have newer Sonos and they have Airplay then I think that is the way to go, rather than SonosNet directly. I don’t see Roon doing much work on that. I have a ticket that is over a year old on a reproducible bug, and crickets.

For Roon tested the supplier (Sonos) has to send devices to Roon and Sonos acts like Roon doesn’t exist if you speak to them.

So Sonos is still great, and grouping and everything else works on AirPlay. If you have any issues I would try that.

1 Like