Sonos - "Roon lost control of the audio device" after Sonos Update [Resolved: Update Sonos Firmware]

Hello All,

Thank you for sharing those timestamps, we are working with our QA team to try to pinpoint the issue. For those impacted, can you please confirm if a reboot of the Roon Core triggers any change in behavior? Or is the error message the same even after a Core reboot?

2 Likes

Roon Core Machine

Late 2012 MacMini 16GB RAM running MacOS Catalina

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TPLink Archer AX3000

Connected Audio Devices

2 Play: 1 WiFi
Sonos Connect WiFi
Sonos Beam WiFi
Sonos Synfonisk WiFi
Chromecast Audio WiFi

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Everything working fine on Tuesday. Since Wednesday I can’t play to any of the Play:1s, Synfonisk or Sonos Connect. It stutters at 1 or 2 seconds and then gives me the “lost control of device” notification. Problem manifests itself the same way on MacMini, iPad or iPhone.

Sonos Beam oddly works fine. Chromecast and playing to iPhone, iPad and directly MacMini also works fine. Enabling AirPlay on Synfonisk also works fine. Playing through Beam and then grouping another speaker through Sonos app also works. Removing Beam from group, though, stops music immediately.

Playing Spotify through app through any of the above works fine.

I have tried resetting the Synfonisk and one of the Play:1s. I have restarted MacMini. I downloaded the latest Roon software update from today. No change to problem.scre

I’ve moved your post into the existing issue thread.

2 Likes

Same Issue Here - hope this bug is fixed quickly!

In my case - a Core reboot does not change anything. Behavior stays the same, error message as well.

Same here.

Same here. After updating today’s release as well.

Same here, rebooted router, wifi, computer, macos, roon, updated sonos controller, nothing works. But all of my One SLs work through roon via airplay.

Interestingly, my sonos Move still works just fine via sonos streaming within roon.

All speakers work fine playing directly through sonos app.

1 Like

Has anybody tried depowering Sonos for a few minutes?

No change after reboot, behavior and error message stay the same.

I reboot the system every morning.

Same. No change after restarting the server.

Yes, I disconnected my Sonos One SL from the power for a few minutes, restarted it and tested it - unfortunately no change.

Experiencing same issue here on a play 5 unit.
Occured after latest update.
Rebooting eveything has no effect.

Hello, i have a Problem with Sonos Port.

When I select the Sonos port, the error message appears after about 10 seconds: ROON has lost the connection to the audio device. It doesn’t matter whether the port is connected via WLAN or Ethernet. It is present in the Sonos app and also plays. The Sonos 5 work flawlessly with Roon. Is there a solution?

Wenn ich den Sonos Port auswĂ€hle, kommt nach ca. 10 Sekunden die Fehlermeldung : ROON hat die Verbindung zum AudiogerĂ€t verloren. Hierbei ist es egal, ob der Port ĂŒber WLAN oder Ethernet angeschlossen ist. In der Sonos-App ist er vorhanden und spielt auch. Die Sonos 5 funktionieren problemlos mit Roon. Gibt es hier eine Lösung?

Hey @Andreas_Becker1, to receive appropriate help, it would be really helpful if you could complete the template provided below.

You can copy and paste it in your reply.

Please be sure to include details of your core, network, storage location of your media files, and any messages displayed by Roon.

Including these details in your first post helps resolve your issues faster.

Thank you.

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your networking gear (model of routers/switches/etc), connection types (Wifi/Ethernet), and any firewalls, antivirus, or VPN software.

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”.

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Hi Andreas,

any answer from roon. Same problem to me. Sonos App is working fine. No connection out of roon for two Sonos devives.
Best regard

Bernd Waßmann

1 Like

It’s a known issue, and Roon Labs are investigating. I’ve merged your Support request into the existing thread.

1 Like

Affected by this issue as well with my SONOS ONE SL.

Already rebooted everything many times: router, sonos (unplugged from ac for 10 mins), rock.
As already being said by others here Sonos works fine with its own app and with Airplay.

The Play:5 or the Five? Because my Play:5 Gen2 does not work.

1 Like