Sorting by "Most Played" ALWAYS shows duplicates/triplicates, etc

Is there any fix to the issue of Roon displaying multiple cover art (or multiple track names) when you sort by most played?

I have stopped and restarted Roon, I have checked to make sure I only have one storage source.

But no matter what, when sorting anything by “Most Played” Roon shows multiple versions of the same albums/tracks, and it is very frustrating.

Is there a fix for this or just a baked-in consequence of the sort function in Roon?

Multipel Tidal albums, multiple FLAC albums from my storage file… I do not have 6 Sam Smith records or 5 Amber Rubarth albums, etc in my library and I’m concerned the issue is only getting worse.

Hi @Jeremey_Hunsicker,

Can you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing? For the albums / tracks that are showing duplicates, do you have multiple versions in your library?

@dylan - see above!

Hi @Jeremey_Hunsicker,

Thanks for the screenshot! Looks like we posted at just about the same time :slight_smile:

I’d like for our technical team to take a look at what you’re experiencing here. I was hoping that you could share a backup of your Roon database with us so that I can pass it along to them. Please see the steps below:

1. Go to Settings > Backups and Backup Now to a new backup location (not the same backup folder you’ve used previously).
  2. Zip the entire new Roon Backups folder.
  3. Upload the backup to Dropbox or another file sharing service and share a link with us.

If you don’t have access to Dropbox and need an alternative method for sharing just let me know the size of the zipped folder and we can go from there.

Thanks!

@dylan where do I share the dropbox link, do I just post it here on this forum?

Hi @Jeremey_Hunsicker,

You can send it to me via a Private Message here on the Community site — Just click on my profile image to navigate to my page and choose to send me a message. Thanks!

Just sent a link, thanks!

Hey @dylan, any follow up on the backup file investigation?

Thanks!

Hi @Jeremey_Hunsicker,

The team is still investigating this behavior and trying to reproduce. I’ll be sure to keep you updated as soon as I receive feedback from the team on this. Thanks again for the report!

1 Like

Hi @Jeremey_Hunsicker,

We’ve made a change here in Roon 1.6 (Build 416) that we believe should address this behavior. Please update Roon and let us know if you’re still seeing any issues. You can read the full release notes here:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.