Sorting Weirdness [Investigating]

And… we have another oddball. The Wailers are sorting under B for bob (not even M for Marley with the Bob Marley and the Wailers albums). The Wailers sort as expected on the artists screen.

Roon does not (currently) respect customised sort names when sorting albums. It will always select what it has, irrespective of what you put in the “Last-First Sort Name” field for the album artist. This occurs irrespective of when your settings have Name for artist sorting as “Last name”.

In relation to your Duke Ellington albums - is your primary artist consistent across all three or do you have “Duke Ellington” on the later two and “Duke Ellington & his Orchestra” on the first one?

To help clarify the issue:

Artist in question: Chie Ayado

Sorting Albums by Artist does not respect edited data
(Should be under Ay… not after Z…)

Sorting Artists by name does respect edited data

Settings:

Preferences 1

Artist sort name:

Editing the sort name to Chie Ayado is reflected in the sort in Artists view but not in Album view

One, Duke Ellington has been solved. Now it’s John Cougar Mellencamp that’s causing the problem. I have two Duke Ellington and his Orchestra albums, and one was sorting correctly while the other wasn’t.

I find that Roon respects my edits in 99.9% of cases.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.