Sound quality of Roon build 537 [retracted claim]

@Hugo_Sharp. Not true. I mentioned I hear NO difference in SQ since the update.

I asked the OP to describe what SQ differences they have heard in 537 but there is no response to that. How can anyone comment (as requested) on anything so non-specific?

2 Likes

Sorry Larry, collateral damage :grin:

1 Like

I have to agree with Martin_Wax . SQ took a nosedive I thought it was just me that felt that the Roon update made my setup worse, Transients went soft. We seem to have lost some air especially around the voices. This is why you canā€™t beat a GOOD CD playerā€¦.YET!

3 Likes

Iā€™m not getting people saying they hear a differenceā€¦ Thereā€™s no difference with the new build! Do you also have imaginary friends or talk to people that are not there? I mean cā€™mon!! If youā€™re not happy with it, there are a million other products out there, just search on the webā€¦

2 Likes

There is and its a shame we cant roll back ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦But Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll fix it asap.

1 Like

Sounds as good as it always does here. Noticed no changes across any of my systems.

1 Like

If you really like to fiddle around with the sound quality of playback software to the max have a look at XXHighend. Donā€™t forget to buy his configurable USB cable along with it and youā€™ll have around 13.689.567 possible software/hardware configurations to try. Be warned though, the man speaks only gibberish, no one really knows what he is talking about but some believe he is a real genius and there is a cult going on around his player of being the best of the best, once you have figured out the best sounding configuration that is.

Describe you setup, please.

No reason to try to change the typical nay sayers views here (all their responses are irrelevant and not helping anyone) but I do I hope the Roon developers take the chance to perhaps ā€˜learnā€™ something from this by contacting Emile at Taiko Audio and check what he has done to the server settings/configuration to ā€˜correctā€™ the SQ shortcomings of this particular Roon build.

4 Likes

Excellent ideaā€¦

1 Like

Answer the questions posed here and maybe someone can help.

Nagra HD Dac & Roon Nucleus. I think the problem is bloatwareā€¦ It definitely lost the sparkleā€¦ But now we mentioned itā€¦ Iā€™m sure they would fix itā€¦ Of course not everyone can hear the difference probably about 10%can.thats why MP3ā€™s are so popularā€¦ :+1:

2 Likes

@MGXmusicUK

So, you are not using a network or a Roon endpoint. You are going straight from the Roon Core to the DAC using USB?

Now that is just elitist and uncalled forā€¦

3 Likes

Of course he is assuming he is one of the 10%ā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks god, I`m not one of the 10% and have no need to improve my beautiful sounding simple setup (without any so-called audiophile devices) :smiley:
For me no change in SQ with the new update

4 Likes

@MGXmusicUK. A buddy of mine had the Nagra and replaced a broken USB with a Nordost Valhalla 2 USB. He said it was defiantly a slight bump.

2 Likes

Canā€™t we be realistic and politely say what we feel is correct. Without someone geting offended? Or Iā€™m taking to 12 year old!?!

1 Like

Yesā€¦ At the moment