Soundcloud/mixcloud streaming [not possible]

Sonos has a special deal with EVERYONE … and they are the only one who can pull it off. Even Apple bent to their whim.

1 Like

not only do they still have the daily 15k API calls limit, but they’ve closed all new “apps” from registering – they are getting more and more closed.

What a shame – much of the most exciting music is on Soundcloud. Does the limit hold for those of us who actually pay Soundcloud monthly (like Tidal and Qobuz)? Could Roon integrate paid Soundcloud?

2 Likes

The limit applies to paying customers, and the API is a dead thing now for any third party.

No, see above. Same reasons as before.

Oh well. Thanks!

One more vote for Soundcloud integration here !

Count me too. Best mixtapes there.

Tamas,

Looks like you replied to a year+ old thread… MixCloud and SoundCloud have been requested. I think SoundCloud has a play limit on their API. I have never seen a Roon reply about Mixcloud.

See also this thread which started on both Mixcloud and SoundCloud, but then went to a strictly SoundCloud discussion. I don’t know if @danny has looked into Mixcloud.

What about MixCloud?

2 Likes

I just added a comment here re. Mixcloud and NTS Radio who currently archive off their shows onto Mixcloud.

Interface wise it would be nice to see a list of your ‘subscribed’ users/shows/stations within Roon for which Mixcloud have an existing API and then as an additional bonus be able to add individual episodes/mixes to your library, or at least flag them so they can be filtered out.

That last feature might be better rolled into the wider ability to support podcasts and (non-radio) streams as they share a similar feature set ie. search, list all, list subscribed and list latest and filtering, along with a way of ‘adding’ or bookmarking/flagging your favourite mixes/streams/episodes within Roon.

And yes I am aware of this #audio-streams but Sonos support MixCloud so there must be some room for a conversation there.

1 Like

This request stems from this discussion: How Can I add NTS Stations? - #5 by ezekiel_das

I feel like there’s a lot of special things happening on MixCloud and it’d be really nice to have functionality on Roon to handle that.

1 Like

Is the Mixcloud API open? Could someone (probably smarter than me) code a Roon extension to handle Mixcloud? I’m also really missing it. I subscribe to a few Select DJs that I’d love to be able to listen to on my stereo through Roon instead of only in my office.

1 Like

PUSH!
I listen 50/50 Roon/Soundcloud. Would be perfect to just use Roon.

There are some cool mixes and songs that are only available on SoundCloud so any integration would be appreciated my me.

If you scroll up, there are SoundCloud imposed limitations that make integration impossible.

This thread is primarily MixCloud support now. Roon has not said MixCloud is impossible (not have they said anything positive towards it happening)

From the Mixcloud API Developer guide;

Audio Streams

The audio streams are not available through the Mixcloud API. There are two reasons for this.

Firstly, we need to know what has been listened to so that we can report usage, pay royalties and provide features such as ‘Suggested Shows’.Secondly, Mixcloud needs to pay the bills! We can’t give away the audio for free outside of mixcloud.com simply because it costs us to host and stream the files and pay royalties.

So doesn’t look like this will be happening any time soon without some sort of official integration involving Mixcloud and Roon themselves.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Streaming from Mixcloud or SoundCloud via Roon

Nothing to be done here.

yes, i would like it to.
I use it since more than 10 years but roon dosn’t support it.

PLEASE integrat SOUNDCLOUD

2 Likes