Soundiiz - I have some questions

Yes. Roon Labs is a reputable company and I have no reservations providing my Tidal credentials.

Heā€™s asking about Soundiiz.

Just use it the one time to update you playlists and then shelve it. get a one time script is what I did.

Thanks for your replies all!

I do a sub b/c I appreciate what they are doing to prevent service lock in. I have transfers from Spot to Tidal.

Works great, first took a bit investigation and help from my sons but then. It worked great and can recommend it to everybody. Complete new experience. And remember to refresh Roon after importing

I came across Soundiiz.

• Is it safe/legitimate?
  • Is it an app or a service via the web?
  • Does Soundiiz do anything more than transfer Playlists etc between streaming apps/services?

I see it seems to be endorsed by Roonā€¦My Stuff > My Playlists > Export

What else can one get out of it, please?

Any recommendations or thoughts gratefully received :slight_smile:

TIA!

Iā€™ve used it to transfer albums, artists, tracks and playlists.

I have in the past used it to bulk delete albums / tracks like duplicates.

Also useful if you want to keep multiple services in sync like Tidal and Apple Music as an example.

Finally, if you are switching services say Qobuz to Tidal, there is a function in the app that transfers all tracks, artists, albums and playlists in one go. Very handy for switching services.

2 Likes

Thanks, @crowlem!

Where/how does it access oneā€™s data: do I have to give Soundiiz my (Roon/Qobuz) login and password credentials etc?

I have been using Apple Music (as a Primephonic ā€˜refugeeā€™); but I have no data to transfer.

Have now settled on Qobuz with Roon. Am very impressed with its integration with Roon.

I doubt Iā€™d have any further need actually to transfer anything.

So if Soundiiz doesnā€™t do anything else, I guess I probably donā€™t need it.

Iā€™ve used it to transfer discog data before I. E. My vinyls and CDs to my streaming service, if you have logged your collection it can be useful (I then tagged them in Roon).

You are correct though, if you have nothing to transfer and you donā€™t need to bulk manage your library then itā€™s an optional service you donā€™t need.

1 Like

Thanks. I have many CDs which arenā€™t catalogued in any way that such metadata could be imported. E.g. discogs etc.

What else could be done to ā€˜bulk manageā€™ a Roon library, please, @crowlem?

Here is one example:

When managing my tracks, I donā€™t want duplicates. Here I have the same track but its saved through multiple albums. I can select the ones that I donā€™t want in bulk and then delete them all at the same time. I do this with albums as well.

You can also use it as a playlist manager, so for instance if you have tracks over multiple sources (Qobuz, Apple Music, Tidal) you can select all the tracks you want and then transfer them into one playlist on one platform.

Here is another use case, lets say you like the spotifty algorithm but you donā€™t like their service (no lossless and podcast nonsense), you can subscribe to your mixes and any playlist you like and keep that in sync with your own Qobuz or Tidal copy playlist.

Screenshot 2021-11-29 223502

So you get the benefits of spotify but in your chosen service.

If you keep a record of your cds in spreadsheets you can import that into soundiiz.

4 Likes

Thanks again, @crowlem!

It does look as though Soundiiz can do some things which Iā€™d find useful.

One last question, if I may, please: where does Soundiiz look to find your playlistsā€¦ given that itā€™s a web service and not a local app, does it somehow know where to find data on your local filesystem?

Do I have to give Soundiiz my (Roon /Qobuz ) login and password credentials etc?

I suppose thatā€™s another way of asking, how safe is it really? !

Yeah you just connect Soundizz to your services. It looks like it uses the APIs from the platforms themselves so it is secure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Got it. Thanks. If, say, Qobuz allows Soundiiz to connect to where our playlists etc are held on their servers with their consent, it has to be legitimate.

Your help appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is a good story about Soundiiz!
I subscribe, even though I only use it periodically. Support Small businesses!

10th Anniversary of Soundiiz - Soundiiz Blog

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been using it since 2015, not quite at the start :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great service (even though i only use it periodically too)!

1 Like

I use Soundiz about once a week to sync Apple Music with Qobuz.

1 Like

My Qobuz year subscription just expired so off to Soundiiz to transfer everything to Tidal.

2 Likes