Soundtracks Anybody?

Does anybody particularly enjoy listening to soundtracks?

I don’t see any thread in particular devoted to soundtracks, which leads me to believe people here aren’t interested.

However, I would like to see a dedicated thread for soundtracks - what soundtrack are we listening to now, if there was some interest.

I love soundtrack music!!!

10 Likes

I just posted this one in the other thread.

RoonShareImage-637213786615140842

4 Likes

And, of course, this one.

RoonShareImage-637193068591813381

And…

RoonShareImage-637213799347711626

2 Likes

This second volume for Babylon Berlin is fantastic!

2 Likes

Oh - we’ve started. :smiley:

I was returning thinking perhaps I’d start a poll. Instead…this is what’s playing now…

5 Likes

is one I keep going back to. But, for sheer music fun:

7 Likes

RoonShareImage-637213780587073590

13 Likes

…and this too.

RoonShareImage-637213781623205930

5 Likes

@wkimbel87

I think Paris Texas was the first soundtrack I truly loved. It helped I felt the same about the film.

I would say that today, most of the soundtracks I listen to, I have not seen. I just enjoy the music.

@Rugby

Looks interesting, I’ll try and give Guardians a listen. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Killer Funky ‘Library’ music

And, I really like the sound bites throughout with that Cockney accent. Dennis Waterman has had not just a long, but an illustrious acting career.

Sweeney

And for anybody mildly interested in library/lounge of that era the albums include some well known session players such as:
Johnny Hawksworth
Brian Bennett
Herbie Flowers
And more

This is one of my favourite soundtracks; I also like the movie very much.

19 Likes

5 Likes

8 Likes

14 Likes

RoonShareImage-637213814431504040

6 Likes

9 Likes

8 Likes

@Stampie
Can’t say I know Alberto Iglesias, but that review has really sparked my interest. I especially like that word ‘brooding’ . Looking forward to hearing this release. :sunglasses:

Thank you!

Ennio Morricone
Menage All’italiana

Menage All'Italia

I can’t find anything remotely like a review for this soundtrack & Roon agree’s - zip.

Fairly solid soundtrack for a lousy Italian supposedly ‘comedic’ movie. I am a Morricone collector (or was), so I find it fairly hard to judge/rank many of his albums. There is sort of a trademark sound to many, typically depending on the genre of the movie. So, this is far from a standout in his vast array of releases. Nevertheless, it’s enjoyable, albeit somewhat familiar.

Blame Roon’s for this selection.

(Typo in the album art - Anna Moffo - Anno)

A short (1:40) clip

1 Like