Soundtracks Anybody?

Sorry, but I don’t think I’ve finished with…

Bruno Nicolai
Gatti Rossi In Un Labirinto Di Vetro (1975)
(AKA Eyeball)

Another ‘Giallo’ film (Umberto Lenzi production) - the soundtrack here revolves around the main theme, heard some 7 times. :thinking: A big pass to purchase; it’s an ok listen otherwise!

Bruno

https://youtu.be/SBfsqQwx7kk

Riz Ortolani
Mondo Candido (1975)

A ‘black comedy’!

Ortolani has often found himself placed behind some of the more widely recognised Italian soundtrack masters (Morricone, Nicolai, Piccioni, Umiliani et.al), but he has a large and varied body of work & worthy to mentioned in the same breath as the others.

Not really his best score, the music here ranges from typical orchestrations to pseudo psychedelia pop with some erotic inserts included.

Riz

RoonShareImage-637494908727054220

Just did watch the movie once again. Reminds me back in time to my skydiving years.

4 Likes

You was a skydiver by yourself or a paraglider?

skydiver. I did do it from 1984 until 1989. Then other things became more important in life.

Respect; I would never dare. And you’re right with the other things, whatever… :+1:

1 Like

Riz Ortolani & Nino Oliviero
Mondo Cane (1962)

I actually think many people would recognise teh opening track, without ever knowing it came from this movie.

As a film…hmmmm…perhaps living in the 60’s…but it’s a cult film for a reason I suppose.

Mondo

Loved the movie. :+1:

4 Likes

Two stunners here for me both Mandalorian albums are just fantastic

And you can’t beat Hans Zimmers Gladiator - the dynamics are fantastic love the Battle squence

6 Likes

RoonShareImage-637498048681205730

3 Likes

Riz Ortolani
Zender (2014)

1983 Italian Zombie film - with the soundtrack released some 30 years later.

Riz

1 Like

Riz Ortolani
Cannibal Holcaust (1979)

Infamous ‘cult’ film with quite a beautiful score for what is considered a brutal film (I’ve not seen it). There’s also a deluxe album reissue on heavy vinyl, with a gatefold sleeve and extensive liner notes/booklet, if that’s you thing!

Riz

1 Like

Mia Dio Todd
Midsummer Night’s Dream (2018)

Soundtrack to the Shakespeare movie remake. I like Mia and have a number of her albums. This is rather different from her typically acoustic/folksy music. At times rather electronic, beat-driven music. I have no idea how this fits in with the movie. It’s not a bad album on its own if you like this type of music. Mia also has a part in the movie!

Mia

“There is much to be learned from beasts”

4 Likes

I won’t pretend to understand why 4 tracks are “unavailable” on this soundtrack, but available on a number of other releases (FirstWorldProblems) – nor will I complain

I do notice a hint of Tang orange breakfast drink in Build 764 while listening to these tracks at volume
Cheers!

6 Likes

6 Likes

This soundtrack is incredibly beautiful, and part of what makes ‘Minari’ so stunning:

4 Likes

if you love Ennio Morricones work, you should listen to this.

1 Like

The soundtrack Emile Mosseri did for Kajillionaire was one of my favourite albums of last year and I also enjoyed The Last Black Man in San Francisco.

I didn’t know about Minari - thanks! Will check it out as soon as possible.

1 Like

John Lurie
Stranger Than Paradise (1999)

I’ve posted Mystery Train, Down By Law & the lessor known Africa Swim. Here’s:

John Lurie

1 Like