Specifying location of iTunes library on new MacBook

Add images

![image|375x500](upload://g2kLkJKPsxJbyDavH9wGrHUQWV7.png)

Does this work ?

No. See my post above…

Sorry , I’m struggling to sort a screenshot as I’m now monitoring and communicating via iPad. My storage window has

Nucleus internal storage

Watching etc……

\192.168.1.157\music

This drive is not available…

\192.168.1.157\music

Connected
Watching for new files in real time
6947 tracks imported (and counting)

Sorry ,the connected file is

\192.168.1.68\music

7702 tracks imported (so far)

OK, taking screenshots from your iPad is more difficult (because Apple makes it so) - it’s easier to use MacOS.

But from your text description, it would appear that your old Mac and your new Mac both have the same IP address of \\192.168.1.157. Is this correct? And your old Mac is no longer in the network - it’s been removed?

No - it was my mistake. I’ve sent the corrected path

\192.168.1.68\music

12909 tracks imported so far

Yes the old Mac has been removed.

Right, so what you first need to do is to STOP the import process on \\192.168.1.68\music by going to the “3 dots” menu and choosing Disable.

What is currently happening with the import is that you are creating duplicate entries in your existing library. We need to clear them out by first disabling this new storage location.

Ok -done that

Right, now go to the 3 dots menu by your old Mac storage and choose Edit. We need to change the old IP address to the new one on this Watched folder.

Click Browse - do you see the new IP address? If so choose it and the music folder…

Chose edit
Chose browse
Found new path
Selected
Pressed save

Red banner - already been chosen

Right so it looks as though we need to delete the second (new) Watched Folder first.

So, on that second entry, this time choose Remove to delete the entry.

Once that’s gone, you can Edit the first Watched Folder entry and set up the \\192.168.1.68\music folder as the new location of your music files.

We appear to have success !! Just under 16000 tracks imported in about 2 minutes.

I would just ask 2 supplementaries

Should I re-download Roon for Mac from the website ?

When setting a path for backups do I need to create a new folder (not music - perhaps roon_backup) to send the backups to ? (I read somewhere not doing so can cause issues ?)

I still have the spinning circle in the top banner - is that ok ?

OK - there’s light at the end of the tunnel.

Roon has successfully recognised that your music library has moved to your new Mac.

I thought that you had already done this? - but you said that you were using Roon on your iPad to control Roon, so perhaps you have not reinstalled Roon on your Mac. If not, then yes, download and install Roon on the Mac. When it first starts up, it should show you your Nucleus and you connect to it.

Yes - Backups need their own folder, which should never be a folder inside of the music Watched Folder.

Click the spinning circle - Roon should give you a message telling you what it is doing.

One last thing, you probably need to clean up your library to make sure that all traces of the duplicate library are removed.

Go to Roon’s :gear:> Library and click “Clean up library”. Check any relevant checkboxes on the resulting screen and click the “Clean up library” button on that screen.

re loaded Roon. Wheel has stopped spinning. All iTunes stuff is visible in Roon. I’m bowled over by how you have been able to help me. I hope you get a small thrill from being able to help a duffer like me !

many Thanks.

1 Like

Enjoy your music!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.