Spectrum analyser graphic

We all know Roon analyses our libraries, we get the funky little graphic on the status bar. But I’m a child of the 70s. I want large fluoro meter graphic equaliser spectrum analyser style graphics ! With fading peaks ! And a bean bag, lava lamp and fondue !

8 Likes

Yep - would love some enhancement to the little blue graphic by teh song playing :slight_smile:

1 Like

A Visualizer is a must!

I would like to be able to make that funky graphic bigger.

+1!

VU meters would be cool, too.

3 Likes

+1
I really enjoy using Musicscope for analyzing audio data. A true peak meter as featured in Musicscope would be perfect for Roon!

Cheers
Andreas

2 Likes

I also would love to have a spectrum analyzer graphic, preferably with preference settings for color, etc.

It just seems outside the scope of this kind of software. Proper sound analysis require extensive work.

It just seems outside the scope of this kind of software. Proper sound analysis require extensive work.

I think that’s okay as long as Roon adds support for plugins. If the platform isn’t sufficiently extensible/pluggable, that creates continuous pressure for features that may or may not belong in the product proper.

There is a way to kluge it in, but you have to then have the spectrum analyzer on top of the Roon window.

Configure a combined zone with both your chosen audio endpoint and the standard sound card endpoint on the computer you use to control Roon. Then use a analyzer graphic that can read from “what you hear” or “stereo mix” (depending on the OS). The spectrum analyzer will bounce with the music. You can adjust timing with the delay function within Roon.

1 Like

Very clever, I like it!