Spotify/YouTube Music to HQPlayer Embedded Raspberry Pi 4

Hello @jussi_laako,

I’ve read that this is possible but never could find an easy answer for my situation. I’m using a pure Raspberry Pi 4B board with HQPlayer 4 Embedded installed in it to play via USB to my DAC. I play from Roon directly to this HQPlayer 4 Embedded. My Question is how do I get this configuration to work with YouTube, YouTube Music/Spotify (Google Cast, Spotify Connect) the easiest way without negatively affecting its sound quality?

Not relating to this topic, there’s another issue I found with the HQPlayer 4 Desktop Client integration with Qobuz which is that there’s no way to shuffle the playlist from my Qobuz account on the Client. I have tried ticking Random but that doesn’t shuffle the playback, it’s always sequentially down the list of songs on the playlist.

Hope to hear from you. :slight_smile:

Thank you,
Kai Chong

There is a thread about this here:
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/using-any-audio-source-with-hqplayer-spotify-amazon-apple-music-youtube-music-deezer-soundcloud-2023

Since Spotify is fixed rate, it is easy. For example miniDSP USBStreamer is pre-configured as input device for this in HQPlayer Embedded. It just needs to be flashed with correct firmware (stereo Toslink).

For watching videos it is not feasible due to the delay.

Yes, this is not implemented at the moment. For local content it works since the shuffle happens at the server side. But for Qobuz and HRA streaming services playlist is held on Client side and thus it needs to be implemented there for Qobuz and HRA.

1 Like

hey @jussi_laako thanks for the reply! :slight_smile: