Spouse-Approved

I know this is an elder thread but i like to tell you that I finally made it :+1:

You ask what :roll_eyes:
I’l tell you, I made my wife use Roon and decided to share the long way till this happened with you. Maybe this might be a blueprint for your own success.

The long voyage began when I moved into her house and replaced her old Bang & Olufsen BeoSound 3000 system with my Audiovolver, my Horns, the Krell power amp and my Woofers.

“How can I play my CDs now?” she asked.

She had almost never used the BeoSound before, but now it became important. Great :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
“Use Roon intead” I said but I heard that it is much too complicated to use the phone for CD playback.
So I decided to connect the BeoSound 3000 to the Audiovolver (analog cable no S/PDIF) and explained her the button to press to select this source. “I can’t remember what button I should press.”

Next I designed a word page with images, printed it with the instructions about how to turn the Audiovolver on and how to select the source. This is just pressing two buttons on the remote! These instructions disappeared in the drawer and were used maybe three times a year after asking me what to do :wink:

And now, somehow, a miracle happened.

At my son-in-law’s house, she heard Marlon Williams’ Make Way For Love album and fell in love with it. Back at home: “Would you please burn a CD for me?”. I said we can listen to it with Roon. “No I like to get a CD for my car” I ordered a download it in the Quobuz store and burned it on CD.

“Really nice of you, and how can I play the CD now in the living room” :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: I left to my study.

There I added her as a new Roon user and saw for my pleasure that the favorites of this new user were empty! Then I tagged this album and also a Christmas album and a Frank Sinatra album she likes as her favorites. Next I went to her phone (yes Roon was still installed months before but never used) and opened her favorites. The three albums were in place. Closed the Roon App and reopened it. Jeah! It still showed the page with the favorites of my wife. THANK YOU ROON GUYS this is one of the really great features :+1: :+1:

Next I went to my wife and said “look here, i want to show you something”, opened the Roon App and she saw her favorite albums. I told her to touch one of the the album and press play.

Oh God, seems she was convinced!! “How can i change volume”.

Now I knew that I had won. One more happy Roon user on this planet. Perhaps this new Roon fan is not using all the features, but the simplicity of this approach made it possible to have an entry point and the chance for further improvement :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Best DrCWO

5 Likes