Spring is heating up šŸŒ”

Ringgenberg? Near interlaken? We went to Interlaken only last week. About an hrs drive :slight_smile:

Sorry really hijacked the thread.

1 Like

You did, but the thread really has no other purpose but to tease us anyway!

3 Likes

I live near both Switzerland and SE France. Can go shopping in Strasbourg. Nice part of the world.

What this has to do with Mikeā€™s tease is anybodyā€™s guess.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the one. Itā€™s beautiful there.

1 Like

thatā€™s the ticket! Strictly speaking it was just a general thread about Spring loveliness :slight_smile:

1 Like

We in Chicago are jealous. Spring started here yesterday ā€“ we had a small blizzard here just a few days ago and yesterday it finally got above 50 (F). So now itā€™s 85. We jumped from February to July!

I got a drone. I went down to the park to try it out.

It doesnā€™t like to stand in grass because the camera hangs down, and I hadnā€™t brought my take-off pad. I found a good sized stump, a meter high, to put it on. But then I did something wrong with the settings (guys donā€™t read instructions), so it didnā€™t obey commands from the remote control. I found a button on the iPhone screen labeled Take Off with an up arrow, so I pushed that, and it went straight up six meters, and stood there, whirring, still not obeying any commands. I saw the Take Off up-arrow button had changed to Land with a down-arrow, so I pushed that and it started going down. This thing has vision in all directions so it can avoid accidents, and looking down it didnā€™t like the stump, so it stopped and said Not suitable for landing, and stood there, three meters up, whirring sulkily.

I clambered up on the stump and stood on tiptoe and managed to reach it. It has four sharp propellers on top, so I picked it gingerly around the belly, the same way you pick up a live lobster to avoid being nipped. But when I pulled downward it got REALLY ANGRY, whirred loudly and used all its strength to resist going down. Iā€™m bigger so I overpowered it, but then I was standing on a stump with a very loudly whirring drone that I couldnā€™t put down because it would fly up again.

I managed to take the battery out.

Then I went home and read the instructions.

21 Likes

Priceless!

Yes thatā€™d be me, Iā€™ll be scrabbling around online for a proper manual no doubt after landing it in the river a few times :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s brilliant

@mike so 1.5 is not the 1st of May thatā€™s been and goneā€¦ :wink: so we all know where this is going, but whatā€™s in store? Must be a significant jump for a point version if history is anything to go onā€¦canā€™t wait :smiley:

1 Like

ha doch denkt das isch de schwiiz :wink:

1 Like

It smells like MQA to me!

The anticipation is more fun than the gift

I canā€™t see a major U.I. Redesign until the end of this year or more likely next year. Most definitely MQA in this release.

Sorry to keep everyone waitingā€¦ Roon 1.5 is now live!

4 Likes