Square brackets in file name creates playlists on the album page

If there are square brackets in the file name, like this:

Then this results in playlists embeded(?) in the album page like this:

The work around is to remove the square brackets, but should this be happening?

Did the album folder include a playlist file of the same name?

Unfortunately,I don’t really know as I deleted everything trying to fix it so I don’t really remember.

But is that normal behavior? I have never seen playlists on an album page like that.

Playlist names appear on the album page. That’s typical (for me).

What’s a bit mysterious is whether Roon automagically created the playlist given the presence of brackets in the file name. Don’t think I’ve seen that in my library.

Easy enough to test…for you! :smile:

Hey @Tony_Casey,

I’m going to pass your report along to the team so they can take a closer look. I was hoping to get a couple things from you to assist in this.

1. Can you share screenshots of your import settings in Settings > Library > Import Settings?
  2. Can you share this media with us? Ideally, you can zip up the entire folder and send me private message containing a shared dropbox link. If you don’t have Dropbox or need another way to send the media, just let me know.

Thanks!

I’m afraid I no longer have any files formatted in a way that would reproduce the problem. My knee-jerk reaction was just to rename/reformat/delete everything with a square bracket to make the problem go away. I have subsequently learnt that it is not a problem but a feature I was unaware of.

I’ve never used this “playlist reference” feature before so I assume that some combination of file names / settings accidentally enabled it. How is this feature enabled? I can play around with it and try and reproduce the behavior from memory. You will probably find that more useful.

Wouldn’t it be great if these things were documented somewhere?

1 Like