Squeezebox device identifier

Is there a way to change squeezebox device? Roon has found my squeezeplayer, but I’m unable to change it to something else to gain support for 24/192 - I’m limited to 24/48

Squeezebox Touch (I do not know if this is the one you have) output is by default limited to 48kHz.

However, there is an extension available called Enhanced Digital Output, that allows the SQT to play at 96/24. It will NOT going higher than that.

You can read more about it in the following article:

Dirk

Thanks,

AFAIK squeezebox touch with EDO goes up to 24/192 - at least mine, last time I checked… Anyway, I would like to change identified device to something else (just like with Roon tested devices) so I can play 24/192 without downsampling, there is no hw limitation for that.

1 Like

No, that is not a squeezebox device. That is a software emulator. Roon specifically does not support software emulated squeezebox players. They only officially support real Squeezebox hardware.

Thanks,

Yep, I know that Roon officialy supports only real squeezeboxes, but thats not a question… As you know, it’s posible to change roon tested device to something else - which is strange, being roon tested there is no reason to do that, but I can’t change device which is not tested or straight up unsupported - but works without any problem. It’s basically blocked by Roon.

Not blocked by Roon, mis-reported by the Encore. Roon queries the Encore just like any other endpoint and asks what IT’s capabilities are. The Encore is responding to Roon and telling Roon , 24/48. There is no way in Roon to alter this process, you need to get the Encore to identify its abilities correctly. Same situation with some non-Google Chromecast embedded devices. They mis-report their capabilities.

Ok, so device mis-reported its capability, MF should, but never will repair code on Encore, so question is: why we cannot override mis-reported capabilities - at worst it wouldnt work at higher bitrates than device reporting, at best it would work as should…

Hello @volug_esiw,

Thanks for the feedback here. Since this appears to be “working as designed” I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the 'feature request" section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

-John

Thank John, I’ll post in the feature request section

Hi,
I use the SonoreUPnP Bridge, which presents to Roon as a squeezelite implementation, and therefore I am unable to assign it appropriate line-art etc.
I have a feature request here - Device identification for Squeezelite product

I also have had a couple of discussion with @mike about this and understand this is addressed in the next release.

Moderator edit.

Fingers crossed for the next release.
Simon.