Squeezebox Feedback

Awesome squeezebox working bit perfect for me.

1 Like

In case anyone is interested, Squeezelite on a Raspberry Pi 2 is working for me.

Once LMS was disabled, I needed to power-cycle both the computer running Roon Core and the SB3. I also factory reset the SB3 while trying to troubleshoot (which may have been overkill) and then had to manually connect by entering the IP of the computer running Roon. It’s all working great now. Perhaps these steps will help others. Roon is running on a Mac running El Capitan in this scenario.

Can’t seem to get this to work.

I have 7.8 firmware and have turned LMS offf.

I have a squeezebox touch.

I enabled the squeezebox support tab.

I recycled both the computer which has roon as well as my squeezebox touch.

When I look at audio on roon, I don’t see any of my squeezebox touch devices listed.

Any suggestions.

When I look at audio on roon, I don’t see any of my squeezebox touch devices listed.

What’s going on on the SB Touch’s screen? Does it think it’s connected to Roon, or is it in some other state?

Brian,

Not sure what you mean. What should I look at on the SBT screen?
I don’t see any connection to roon. Just an ethernet connection.
However, I do see my squeezebox touch listed on the network (Windows 10 Network tab) on the computer that Roon is running on

What I’m asking is: “Does the SBT think it’s connected to Roon”?

If so, I’d want to have a look at Roon’s logs.

If not, this is a discovery problem, and the next think I’d have you try is configuring the SBT to point to Roon’s IP address manually.

Just want to say THANK YOU! Upgraded Roon, turned off LMS, enabled each Squeezebox in Roon and IT JUST WORKS!!!

I took a chance in buying the lifetime license a few weeks ago because I was so impressed with the Roon UI and functionality, but have been a long-time Squeezebox fan. Thank you for making this happen!

One think I note: On my SB Touch, I can’t keep the Touch display showing what is playing. While I can get to Playing Now, the display soon reverts to the menu. It then seems to cycle back to the Playing Now display periodically, but only stays there for a few seconds. Strange…

1 Like

How to I get the SBT to point to Roon’s IP address manually.

I am using the desktop version of Roon. How do I find Roon’s IP address – is it the same as the PC its on?

It’s the IP address of the computer Roon Core is running on.

Where doe I enter this on SBT so that it points to Roon?

Settings -> Advanced -> Networking -> Remote Libraries -> Add New Library

1 Like

I don’t have a SBT, but on the old SB3 when you go through the initial set up, once it’s connected to your wifi network, it should create its own IP address (this is the address of the SB) then it should look for Logitech Media Server (which Roon is spoofing). If it can’t find it, it will offer to allow you to manually connect to an LMS by entering the IP: this is where you enter the IP address of the computer running Roon build 88 (an option to sign in to mysqueezebox.com will probably also be an option in that menu)

I couldn’t get this to connect to the remote library without first enabling LMS.

Once the remote library was recognized, and became available in audio devices in Roon, I then tried to play an album on SBT. (I disabled LMS as per your instructions). I seem to be connected to the remote library, but I don’t see any songs in My Music on the SBT.

I tried to reconnect to LMS to see if this will help, but am not allowed to do this.

When I try to play music in Roon, I see the tracks and it looks like its playing something, but am not getting any sound and don’t see any music on the SBT.

What’s next?

you can’t have LMS running. Roon is now your LMS. Having the old one running will confuse your SB.

The time ticking in Roon is an indication that the stream made it to the Squeezebox (Roon’s time ticker is driven by the Squeezebox’s internal clock).

This makes me think that this is either a problem with audio connections, or the volume is turned down/muted, or similar.

If you’re using EDO, the analog outputs on your SBT may be disabled, which would require you to plug the SBT into a DAC using a digital connection.

Brian,

You are right. I did not have my preamp switched to the coaxial setting.

I now have sound.

However, I am using Roon as the control center. I don’t see any music on the SBT screen.

Should I?

After turning off LMS and Avast (just in case) and power off/on both Roon Core and SBT, Roon saw the Squeezebox touch momentarily in the networked devices panel. So I named the device, tried to play it, but no sound and then the SBT disappeared from the networked devices panel and has not reappeared.

Also, I tried to give the SBT the IP address of my Roon Core, but SBT says I have to have LMS running.

Any ideas?

What should I expect to see on the SB Touch screen? Mine was displaying the clock until I navigated to now playing, when I got the usual display of album cover and album title and track title. Nowhere did I see anything that indicated Roon. Also, the transport controls didn’t appear to work: I tried pausing a track and it kept playing until the end.

What should I expect to see on the SB Touch screen? Mine was displaying the clock until I navigated to now playing, when I got the usual display of album cover and album title and track title. Nowhere did I see anything that indicated Roon.

That sounds about right. For it to show “Roon” on those devices (Touch + Radio), we’d need to build new firmware for those devices.

Also, the transport controls didn’t appear to work: I tried pausing a track and it kept playing until the end.

Is your Squeezebox firmware up to date? This is working for me.