Squeezebox support following Logitech’s decision to retire mysqueezebox.com

Hi All

Relatively new Roon lifetime subscriber, looking to make best use of my collection to Logitech Squeezebox devices.

I’ve set up and configured a number of these around my home (touch, duets, boom, radio/UE, transporters) and I’m really happy with the experience on Roon, and that fact the dev team have created a solution which works as well as it does. Thank you for supporting these!

My question is… now that mysqueezebox.com has been shut down, and the development and continued use of LMS has been handed over to the community; would Roon look to expand support for these awesome devices? Not a lot ‘missing’ to be fair, but more functionality on the duet remote, better use of the buttons on the remotes and devices, alarms, etc would make this a very compelling resource - especially as these devices are still brilliant (in my opinion, anyway!).

Being able to search or browse through my Roon library from the duet remote would be AMAZING!

Cheers all

Matt

1 Like

He’s already got it working. He’s asking if Roon will add to the existing features.

Ah… I think that is more something for a person looking for a new hobby who wants to build a Roon extension for that purpose. (not a small project)

Yes, indeed. Thank you :slight_smile:

Now that’s an interesting idea… not that I’m massively into coding, but I know a few people who might be able to do this, depending on the requirements and what language is being used to code in.

I guess the first point though is how many people would be interested, and what functionality would be best achieved.

Then, also worth looking at what can be done using the extension framework in Roon. Is there anywhere with the specifications and detail about requirements?

Look in the tinkering section of the forum.

1 Like

I am not technical but I wonder if you could let the Squeezebox api share info with the Roon api: Tutoriels et Manuels DOMOTIQUE-STORE.FR - API Logitech Squeezebox Server / Player (HTTP)

What’s truly amazing is that you have a Duet remote with a working battery!

Until yesterday I had four Squeezebox Touch installed and working throughout my house. Three are connected via EtherNet and the fourth one, which was connected via WiFi, is no longer working since the WiFi receiver no longer works. Still works via EtherNet but I don’t have EtherNet available at that location.

They’re fairly readily available on eBay… so easy to replace when they wear out :slight_smile:

1 Like