SqueezeBox Support [SOLVED]

I understand that that’s the goal, and it’s a goal which I’m pleased to read apparently doesn’t seem too far off now. And direct streaming to the Squeezebox devices would allow both sending audio at a rate and format appropriate to the endpoint as well as avoiding the awkward extra latency which would be introduced by my terribly hacky proposed bit of plumbing…

To introduce another complication, though - I think my interest in a solution which would allow finding things in one’s home library via the Roon interface while leaving the Squeezebox Server active was also informed by the realization that Roon, as it stands, isn’t yet full-featured enough to be a possible replacement for my Squeezebox Server setup because it lacks one completely essential, non-optional thing: support for playing internet radio streams. Unless it does support that, and I’ve missed it in the docs and discussions - that’s entirely possible - but without the ability to play streams, I can’t possibly switch to Roon as a complete replacement for the Squeezebox Server, shut down Squeezebox Server, and let Roon own the endpoints. Further discussion in this post.