Squeezebox touch no now-playing screen displayed

Why is the device setting of logitech devices shorted down and isn’t it possible anymore to set some (display) preferences. Like it was shown and explained in https://kb.roonlabs.com/Squeezebox_Setup) I do understand that’s its all about the music. But the previous setting where somewhat easier on the eye. As it is now squeezebox is working fine but no now playing screen with coverart but just the default logitech clock is displayed. What’s the reason this was changed and will it be restored in a future/feature update.

I still have the ‘now playing’ screen with cover art.
Sometimes indeed, it falls away after a period of not playing music.
Most of the times, the display is alright again after starting to play a new track.

In a small number of cases, I have to reboot the SQT to get the Now Playing screen back.

Did you restart your SQT completezly, i.e. power off - power on?

Dirk

Never have seen a now playing screen on the touch so far. Rebooted a few times. I found no ways to achieve any changes. Very strange that all the settings in the previous version(s) have disappeared.

I just got my Squeezebox playing via Roon within the last 10 minutes, and I can’t seem to enable Now Playing at all…

Yes… Using the squeezebox user-interface is completely useless. And it only displays the time. Displaying the time is normaly (on LMS) only in idle/off-state.
So just like me just enjoy the music… :wink:

OK, I got it working. I was thinking that I could invoke the Now Playing screen by using the Touch remote and selecting Now Playing. That has still never worked.

Instead I set the options that I wanted under Settings>Screen, and it started working by itself after a few minutes.

What setting did you change / enable.

Guys have you found a way to display now paying info?
My SBT out of 10 times 2-3 times will start displaying now playing but the majority of times it won’t.

It’s working fine. Only no now playing display. Still interested is anyone that has a solution to make this working. For now it’s just listen to the music… :wink:

1 Like

Since I joined Roon, a year ago, my Now Playing screen always displayed nicely. But after installing core version 1.8 (build 790) it refused to reconnect upon restarting the core.
After a bit of back and forth it played, but like you, without a Now Playing screen.
I’ve now revived it by finding the display settings on the Squeezebox itself. There is a menu called Now Playing Views where all options were unselected. Fiddling with those made it return.
Hope that works for you, too.