Squeezelite client sometimes not found after reboot

Hi there,

I have three Raspberry Pi 4 running Ropieee and so far everything worked fine. They are set to update automatically on a weekly schedule. Since one of the last updates one of the Pis sometimes vanishes in Logitech Media Server after rebooting the device. The web interface and Roon are working as expected, it just seems like Squeezelite is gone. Usually another manual reboot fixes the issue.

Do you have any idea why this happens? I sent feedback from the affected device while Squeezelite was unreachable: d83f30eeabbc9cca

Michael

Last night all 3 Pis rebooted once again. All are accessible via web Interface, however the one problematic device does not show up in LMS again and this time also the roon endpoint is gone. Any idea?

3fc4509816f2c9a9

I see that you use different services (airplay, squeezeplay, roon). Keep in mind that only one of them can access the audio device. Your logs show Sqeeuzeplay trying to get access, but it’s not available. Possibly because another service (Airplay?) is claiming the device.

Thank you, Harry, for pointing me in this direction. Yesterday evening I used airplay and did not disconnect. Will keep an eye on this behavior.

Happy easter!

2 Likes