Stability and Usability Issues with Roon 2.0 on Mac Mini (ref#FH5XPH)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

Something else

How can we help?

I am experiencing freezes or crashes

I don't want to submit a new support request, this is where the link in the email I received for my subscription ending took me so I'll tell you why I'm not renewing Roon.
I've been running Roon on my Mac mini for several years, since around version 1.6. Roon 2.0 was a disaster for me and was never stable or usable. After 2 support tickets the only thing that worked was rolling back to version 1.8 which is stable on my hardware/network.
Although multiple posts on the support community say that the Mac stability issues are a 'high priority', it's been more than a year with no fixes, just more new features that I can't use.
I did try upgrading to Roon 2.0 one last time a few weeks ago, and had 3 'thread worker' crashes within the first 5 minutes trying to play only on my Mac mini with no other devices involved. I didn't even try to use any networked devices and immediately rolled back to Roon 1.8. Since Roon 2.0 doesn't work for me and my license was ending, I stopped using it and went back to Air Play, which works and is reliable.
I keep reading about potential network issues, etc., but that does not explain why every other streaming app I use (Amazon Prime, Max, Apple TV, Air Play, and Roon 1.8) work just fine with no audible or visible issues, only Roon 2.0 seems to be impacted.
At this point, I'm not going to spend more time and money on Roon, it doesn't work and it's not getting fixed. I'm not going to continue to pay a large license fee for software I can't use.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.