Stable release 2019/09/02 (352)

Not sure. They have either hats and/displays, so maybe the power supplies are a bit low on current.
I’ll reflash and report, also I’ll update the others to the latest release and see if I have similar problems.

Henry, its me not you (sounds like we are dating) Even though I swear I checked before posting, it looks like it was a power supply problem with the Allo. All good now. Thanks for great software.
Steve

1 Like

Updated three additional Ropieee devices. Two seem fine (version is “unknown” but you know about that problem.)
One is on version 262 and I can’t get it to update automatically. I’ll just manually update like the two broken devices.

Can you send me feedback for the unit that does not want to update?

If you’re interested, feedback c2ffeaea80191e0a is from the device that wouldn’t update. It stays on 262 no matter how many times I reboot it.
I’m going to reinstall, so no worries.

Ok thanks. I’m still interested why it won’t update automatically :wink:

Feedback ( 8bab07095db7206c) from another one that wouldn’t update.

I have a new installation for Pi4, but looks it’s no working , even tried twice to install it, but same issue, Roon cannot see it.

feedback code: 6e14a7a61b71b6ee
Thanks/Kurt

You did not configure a HAT and you’ve got no USB DAC connected.
Hence the reason is does not show up in Roon.

Is mean I should always connect USB DAC during initally setup?

No. But you send me feedback, and there was no DAC connected.
Hence it does not show up in Roon.

So as soon as you plugin your USB DAC it will show up.

Yes, your are correct, it works after i reinstall RoPieee again, and connect to DAC. But I found it is not reachable again since I changed host name to “Pi4EndPoint” in web UI, feeback code: 3492b7919b8cb596 for your reference, thanks a lot!

You did not wait long enough to gather enough information. In fact, you even hit the ‘send feedback’ so quickly that RoonBridge did not start yet (and hence the device is not visible in Roon).

Exactly, Ropieee v352 need around 4 mins to start up. Thanks again Harry:+1::+1::+1:

Harry, @spockfish, I wonder if at some point you might consider adjusting the CSS to better accommodate somewhat narrow viewports like tablets. For example, instead of the current 1/6 to 5/6 proportion, what about increasing the label width so there are fewer wrap-arounds? This would improve the aesthetic look, and make the vertical spacing even as well.

No urgent or mandatory — I appreciate all that you do for RoPieee.

An example on an iPad:

1 Like